NCCA Approves ASHI's Accreditation Program

hausdok

Jan 6, 2010/DES PLAINES, Ill.

(Business Wire) The American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI) has been approved by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) as a recognized accrediting association for its profession-leading Certified Inspector Program. ASHI is now the only accredited home inspection association whose full members have completed a recognized third-party certification process. All current, full ASHI members have met the requirements for this new certification.

“The accreditation and certification of ASHI’s processes by a recognized third party is an affirmation of the status we hold in the home inspection profession,â€

Yeah, me too. I'm not sure I want to hang around with uncertified folks.......t'ain't civilized.

Enough of the news, now for the weather.......

It is something that tends to separate the organization from the other organizations. That's a good thing, I guess.

What I want to know, though, is who's certifying the certifying body, and who are the certifiers that anointed the certifying body that's certifying the organization that's certifying ASHI? I mean, how far back does this go? I don't want no charlatans or usurpers certifying nobody no how. How can we know the original certifiers were worthy and righteous?

The business of the business of professional society management is curious.

What I want to know, though, is who's certifying the certifying body

Me.

and who are the certifiers that anointed the certifying body that's certifying the organization that's certifying ASHI?

Me... again

And if ye put thy hand on the television screen, and send in $274.00 (PayBuddy accepted) ye too shall be certified. As an added incentive we have put this on easy pay. Act now!

Yeah, me too. I'm not sure I want to hang around with uncertified folks.......t'ain't civilized.

It is something that tends to separate the organization from the other organizations. That's a good thing, I guess.

What I want to know, though, is who's certifying the certifying body, and who are the certifiers that anointed the certifying body that's certifying the organization that's certifying ASHI? I mean, how far back does this go? I don't want no charlatans or usurpers certifying nobody no how. How can we know the original certifiers were worthy and righteous?

Are you certain?[:-dunce]

I think the NCCA is a subsidiary of InterNachi[:-party]

Oh, I agree Herb, it's just funnin' in here.

What slides under the table is how many folks at ASHI (wherein my membership # is 6874) have been hanging around for so long they've never passed through any of the hoops that new members, i.e., the real "certified" folks, have had to jump through.

What it does mean is we (ASHI) have a supportable entry requirement. The other organizations don't.

Nicky's favorite lie can now be credibly dismissed, which is a good thing.

Bob,

I am an avid Michigan State Spartan fan and they are the premier NCAA basketball team.

Ummm, perhaps . . . if you don't include the KY Wildcats in your calculations.

When this thread was initiated, I was tempted to ask why we were talking about college athletics on a HI board, but figured no one would realize I was joking.