Ultimate Schedule Home Inspection Form

I guess it depends on what each home inspector thinks is important to determine pricing and availability.

The several counties I inspect in have the tax records online. I can type in the address and see a photo of the structure, the build date, square footage, deeds, past sales, owners names, # of bathrooms, and bunch of other stuff. I don't trust any of the information on an MLS listing even if I could access it.

I want the clients name, phone numbers, email, property address, age of property, square footage, and available date/times for inspection. That is enough for me to quote a price and book an inspection. Buyers agent name and email is nice but not terribly important.

My pricing is pretty simple. I guess if # of bathrooms, HVAC units, foundation type, affect your pricing, you would need to collect that information.

The several counties I inspect in have the tax records online. I can type in the address and see a photo of the structure, the build date, square footage, deeds, past sales, owners names, # of bathrooms, and bunch of other stuff. I don't trust any of the information on an MLS listing even if I could access it.

Erie County, NY has online tax records as well. I refer to them for every inspection, and so far every one has been wrong. My parents house, for example, was built in the 50's to replace an old farm house. The build date is the demolishion date of the old house (almost a decade off) , and the square footage is off by 64%.

My report would look like:

Square Feet:1800 (from County tax data, I estimate around 4900)

They had it appraised about a year ago, and the turkey used the tax data. His description said 1800SF with 5 bedrooms, 3 1/2 baths and 900SF In-law suite. He obviously has no idea what a square foot is.

Tom