Ultimate Schedule Home Inspection Form

That is what I want to build... I have seen many different forms on the net... some ask too little information and some way too much. We have quite a few inspectors that could use an updated new form as well as our inspector locator.

This is from my very old form I have been using:

CONTACT DETAILS

---------------------

Name:

Address:

City:

State:

ZIP:

Phone:

FAX:

Email:

INSPECTION DETAILS (*Requested)

------------------------

Address:

Total Sq.Ft.:

*Date:

*Time:

Comment:

Of course it needs captcha (are you human). I think FAX could be dropped and mobile phone added to the contact info. The MLS# should be added to the inspection details as well as the agents contact info.

The amount of info collected should be balanced... asking how many water heaters or even the type of structure might be a bit much... and this info is probably available on the MLS anyway. I have seen some forms that are so long that I think it probably puts the consumer off. Things like request a quote and dropdowns to only select particular times are all questions and may just be personal preference. I know some don't want a form at all and just use the phone but for everyone else?

What other fields would you add and why?

I can make the code for the form available for download later although code to send the email will differ depending on servers.

Michael Brown

DevWave Software Inc.

My 2 cents... It's a fine line between too much crap for people to fill out, or just a name/email/message. I use a dynamic xml driven flash menu with varification. I've played around with the fields and find the core info in enough for me to call back and ask the others over the phone.

How do you access MLS if you are not an agent?

Any Canadian's have access to the MLS website. Is it different in some states?

Michael

In all of the States that I know of you must belong to the MLS service which means you are a Realtor or an appraiser. When I was a broker back in 1990-94 I paid around $35 a month to access the MLS as a Realtor.

MLS information is not reliable. I wouldn't bother asking, and definitely wouldn't include it in any question set for scheduling.

I no longer use fax. I turn down jobs where folks want it faxed; it's only happened twice in a year and a half. It's .pdf's, or nothing.

Listing and selling agent numbers maybe. Sometimes it's helpful to have.

Then, the usual stuff. Basic contact info. I used to ask tons of questions, but most folks around here don't know what a water heater is, let alone how many they have.

I have been previwing my inspection properties on Realtor.com. Just type in the home address and the property pops right up with the full "listing" data sheet. Many times though, the square footage is missing with just the room sizes listed, not a big deal.

If yo have used Realtor.com in the past for this, try again, it's much easier to use now.

Randy

Great feedback guys...

What about appointment times should there be an option to pick morning or afternoon?

Request a quote checkbox?

Just one phone number?

I know a lot of inspectors don't have a form on their website but as I have been told sometimes the client phones while on a inspection or driving and instead of stopping what you are doing and taking notes you can just tell the client to fill out the form on the web site. I'm told it is the younger crowd that fills out the forms... the forms most definitely do get used!

Thanks,

Michael Brown

DevWave Software Inc.

Great feedback guys...

What about appointment times should there be an option to pick morning or afternoon?

Request a quote checkbox?

Just one phone number?

I know a lot of inspectors don't have a form on their website but as I have been told sometimes the client phones while on a inspection or driving and instead of stopping what you are doing and taking notes you can just tell the client to fill out the form on the web site. I'm told it is the younger crowd that fills out the forms... the forms most definitely do get used!

Thanks,

Michael Brown

DevWave Software Inc.

If you view the Schedule Your Inspection form as the last step in your marketing program, then questions become easy to answer.

Folks have been sold on your service and they want to HIRE you, plain and simple. The function of the form is to obtain the necessary information without taxing what has already been a long journey for them.

You're at the finish line and to include a request quotation in my view would be working backwards.

Scheduling a meeting requires both time and date without that there is no meeting. I like to offer my customers two weekday choices and open weekends. I very much like an interactive calendar to avoid the "I thought Saturday was the 12th!" confusion and it adds visual-ality to time.

More times than not all three numbers are filled in when I get the form back. Folks want you to call them either at the office, home or on the road.

I've had Realtors call me to reserve a time and not know the exact property details or address. I'll guarantee my availability and request their assistant to go online and fill out the form, it's that simple, they appreciate the ease of booking.