Starting out!!

I know this is going to sound like a really stupid question but I've seen many of you post about working for an established firm for a year before starting up on your own. So I'm wondering how you go about that? How does the pay work and are you working for them as needed or is it a daily thing? Are you still able to do jobs on your own also seeing how I'm licensed and insured for myself? Thanks - I'm curious because I think it would be a great way to get some additional experience as long as I'm not getting ripped off

I know this is going to sound like a really stupid question but I've seen many of you post about working for an established firm for a year before starting up on your own. So I'm wondering how you go about that? How does the pay work and are you working for them as needed or is it a daily thing? Are you still able to do jobs on your own also seeing how I'm licensed and insured for myself? Thanks - I'm curious because I think it would be a great way to get some additional experience as long as I'm not getting ripped off

If you wanted to get experience by working for me for a year before going out on your own, you'd have to pay me a whole bunch of money.

Is that what you mean by getting ripped off?

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Real Estate Pros - There when you need us

In todayâ€â„¢s economy, selling property is more challenging than ever. We work a flexible schedule to give you

every advantage in closing a sale. Hughes Inspection Service can offer the real estate professional accurate,

honest, and unbiased information about a propertyâ€â„¢s condition that will aid in a successful and timely closing.

Not for nothing but crap like that borders on illegal and it illustrates perfectly that you'll be working for the agent, not the client. There are plenty of ass kissers already, try something different.

oh i see what you mean- It was more meant to show that I work any flexible hours. Around here alot of you wont work weekends or evening and I'm just trying to let them know that I'll be available then. I need to change the "give you every advantage to close the sale" line. Thanks - I feel like an idiot now.

. Thanks - I feel like an idiot now.

Don't.

Everyone understands that it is hard to get a business off the ground, especially in this market, but what they won't accept is not knowing who your client is. Your clients are giving you their hard earned cash to be honest.

There are some very bright Inspectors here. You could spend many hours just browsing past posts on a wide range of subjects. If you want to hone your skills start by doing this. Also ASHI has (I think they still do) a ride-a-long program for Inspectors just starting out. Experienced Inspectors volunteer to allow new Inspectors to accompany them on a real inspection.

All of us had to start at the beginning and most of us understand this.

There's one reason why good inspectors don't work evenings, and lots of reasons other inspectors do work evenings.

Working evenings is a good way to do a poor job. You can't see stuff after the sun goes down.

Wow, my home page says weekend and evening appointments available. I didn't realize how that could throw a person. By evenings I mean the summer months when the sun stays up longer. Now that you mention it though, I think I'll take the evening part out.

Send me your #. If I get something fun I'll invite you along.

Take him up on it.

Mr. Raymond and I did several fake inspections with Mr. Fabry during our last week of HI school. You will learn.

By the way. I see on your website, you listed Wayne county. That's too far for you to drive. Don't worry about it. I've got the lake end covered.[;)]