Not inspection related

I am not sure the age of that bird but it is huge. We are kinda lucky to have found this place. It is in the heart of Lakewood, but on 2 acres and backs up to a raging(10 months out of the year anyway) creek. It has multiple salmon ladders, but we have yet to see an actual salmon use it. We have yet to see an actual fish to be honest. I have added another picture of our spring time guest this year. There were actually a few of them as I am fairly sure a nest was near by.

Cooper's Hawk.

Most likely.

I had a nest in one of my back yard maples last year. Five chicks fledged in august. I got one hell of an education watching and reading about them. The reason I say most likely is, there is a slightly smaller hawk, the sharp shinned, that has almost identical markings. Cornell University has some great information about the two. I'm bummed they didn't come back and use the nest this year.

If that herron sticks around, you've got fish. (for now)

Cooper's Hawk.

Most likely.

I had a nest in one of my back yard maples last year. Five chicks fledged in august. I got one hell of an education watching and reading about them. The reason I say most likely is, there is a slightly smaller hawk, the sharp shinned, that has almost identical markings. Cornell University has some great information about the two. I'm bummed they didn't come back and use the nest this year.

If that herron sticks around, you've got fish. (for now)

I've seen blue herons go up the smallest creeks, chasing trout maybe. They can actually fly through the bush pretty good for a big prehistoric looking bird. We had one roosting in a tree in our front yard for a few weeks, every night at dusk, maybe while there was a run of herring going by. Another thing I've seen them do, walk along a boomstick, lean forward and snatch a herring out of the water! Yep, if there's fish up your creek, you've got a new buddy! [:)]