I hired a boat inspector

Having a boat inspected (or surveyed as they say in the nautical world) tomorrow. I've never seen the boat in person but if the surveyor gives me the thumbs up I'm headed to Miami Friday or Saturday to bring it home.

http://s925.photobucket.com/albums/ad98 ... =slideshow

Looks like a carbon copy of the Aquasport I sold a few years ago. That 200 is a great engine. Have fun.

Somehow I think that surveyor makes way more per square foot than we do. [:)]

That boat's a beauty. Inspecting that would be like pulling up to a 2 year old hardyplank hacienda in a high end subdivision. [:)]

Bring that baby up the west coast sometime, and we can go fishing just for the halibut.[:)]

There's a halibut hole just 5 gallons from my place. [:)]

Actually I thought the fee for the survey was extremely resonable for what they do. It looks like its in really good shape but its almost one of those "to good to be true" deals. Survey is being done Friday morning so I will know Friday around noon if I will be heading to Miami Saturday to pick it up. I had half a mind to fly to Miami and bring it back up the intracoastal just because it would be a great time but I have some time restraints so I'm going to use my neighbors trailer and tow it back.

Hi,

Nice boat. For those of you who might be looking for something a little more substantial - something you can live on, you might check out this sale that's going to take place tomorrow.

http://www.ustreas.gov/auctions/irs/brg ... .htm#image

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Actually, this one looks like a winner, unless it has a hole in the hull. Good price, near you. http://gsaauctions.gov/gsaauctions/aucd ... CI10109705

Hi John,

Yeah, it must be a good deal; there are 7 folks bidding on it and the price is up over $10,500 so far. I can't imagine anyone would want a water pickup truck unless it's in pretty good shape. Me? What I know about boats would fit in a thimble - it would have been a nice addition to the Galloo Island Navy during construction phase, though, had we ever been able to swing that.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Galloo Island Navy?

Yeah, one of my pipe dreams had been to purchase the lighthouse on Galloo Island up on Lake Ontario and turn it into a B & B/Conference/Training destination. Since it's out in the middle of the lake only about two miles from the international border, we'd have needed some pretty robust water pickups to ferry tools, equipment and construction materials and personnel to and from the island to do the work. That would have been the Galloo Island Navy.

Alas, it was not (and probably never would have been) to be.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Galloo Island Navy?

Yeah, one of my pipe dreams had been to purchase the lighthouse on Galloo Island up on Lake Ontario and turn it into a B & B/Conference/Training destination. Since it's out in the middle of the lake only about two miles from the international border, we'd have needed some pretty robust water pickups to ferry tools, equipment and construction materials and personnel to and from the island to do the work. That would have been the Galloo Island Navy.

Alas, it was not (and probably never would have been) to be.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Next time you get an idea like that, take the big swing. Look at what they get for a weekly rate!

Now they want to put up a wind farm. More $$$$$$.

http://www.vladi-private-islands.de/ren ... et_en-739/