Get your Barf-bag out

Darren

My knowledge and smooth tone mannerism, affords me the edge...

Somewhere, a sleazy used car lot is missing one of its salesmen.

I'm thinking Bill Paxton's character in True Lies.

That or Herb Tarlick from WKRP.

Darren, I didn't know our companies were rated!

And he's modest too, he only claims to be among the top ten. Most people of that caliber would rate themselves much closer to #1.

Just curious, does this guy sell home warranties too? This was in my inbox today:

Don't let your home onsurance leave you steamed!

AHS-The right choise in home warranties (link omitted)

If AHS is American Home Shield, they stink. Boring story, but a fridge went out a couple of months after a client of mine bought a house and AHS refused to repair/replace the thing. The buyer, an engineer, asked me to talk to the rep. She asked how I checked it, and I told her there was food and ice in the thing, and the temps were 35 on one side and 0 on the other. You know what the jackass asked me? She asked whether I put gauges on the compressor. I told her no, and she responded that I didn't properly check the fridge and they weren't going to give my guy any dough.

Just curious, does this guy sell home warranties too? This was in my inbox today:

If AHS is American Home Shield, they stink. Boring story, but a fridge went out a couple of months after a client of mine bought a house and AHS refused to repair/replace the thing. The buyer, an engineer, asked me to talk to the rep. She asked how I checked it, and I told her there was food and ice in the thing, and the temps were 35 on one side and 0 on the other. You know what the jackass asked me? She asked whether I put gauges on the compressor. I told her no, and she responded that I didn't properly check the fridge and they weren't going to give my guy any dough.

Buyers are always looking for signs of a 'no-risk' inspection, a security blanket of sorts, such as might be indicated by an inspection warranty. In truth, it just doesn't exist.

Marc

Darren,

Thanks for the link.

I am still amazed at how some people cannot figure out that when they charge so little for the home inspection they are just about breaking even or possibly losing money on each inspection. That is of course assuming that they have insurance, tools, a decent vehicle, travel expenses, office and equipment expenses.

At least he is building relationships so he can be one of the ten best rated home inspection companies (whatever that means!). Are there really 700 home inspection companies in NJ? I don't think there are even 700 Licensed Inspectors!

Regards,

Steve

John, Marc,

I was commenting on the similar grasp of spelling, bolded for clarity, but thanks for confirming my thoughts re the value of home warranties.[;)]