national do not call list

I registered my home phone number on the Do Not Call List longer ago than I can remember. It's a wonderful thing.

I didn't register my cell phone because theoretically, there's no need to. I did start getting telemarketing calls on my cell phone a few years ago, though. At first they were sporadic, averaging maybe one a week. Over time, they increased to about one a day. A few months ago, I registered my cell #, and the calls have virtually stopped.

I registered my phone numbers when the Do Not Call list was originally started. In the beginning the policy was that the restriction was only for 5 years and I had to re-register. Now I believe the restriction does not expire.

Unfortunately I get a bunch of junk faxes every week. Does anyone know if there is a way to stop the vacation and insurance scam businesses fro sending me faxes?

Trustfax works great, but I'm curious.......why don't you just do emails?

I tried Trustfax, but found it was easier and cheaper to simply tell folks to send me .pdf's.

I thought the National Do Not Call list only allowed you to pursue legal action if some mope calls you. It doesn't mean they're not going to call. I've been on the list as long as it's been around, and I still get plenty of calls.

As far as the fax goes; I have an all in one printer at the home office so I can send to the die hards that can't/won't do email, to receive we schedule a fax to the home machine so someone can be there to turn it on. I can oblige, but I don't have to make it easy for them.

Kurt, tell them that you are on the DNC list, that you have recorded the particulars of the call, and that you will pursue them if the call again. In my experience they go away.

I have the same machine. I explain to folks that those multi-purpose scanners turn the scans into .pdf's that they can email right out of the machine.

Most folks don't know that.

I started using .pdf's in 1993 when I discovered the first release of Acrobat. It took years to train my customers to use them, now they all do.

I just don't do faxes.