REPORT PRINTER

Hey guys

i am looking for a printer to print my reports on site can you give me a few recomendations, looking for something wireless that i can leave in van.

Thanks

KB

Folks are still printing reports?

I guess I would go for a small laser printer that I could run out of my inspection vehicle. They are quick and print good b&w pictures.

Why not just email the report to the client after you leave the house? It is not like they really need a copy at the site, they are not going to do anything with it until they have a chance to sit down and review it.

I'm not printing on site anymore, but the last printer I bought for that purpose was the Canon PIXMA 100. I use it in my office now, as my all around printer. The darn thing is a little bigger than a than a cigar box, and on fast mode spits out sheets amazingly fast. Yet, it does photo quality color printing. It's an all around home run if you're looking for a portable printer.

I have both a color and B & W high speed laser printer. I don't use either of them anymore. They just collect dust. The little canon is my champ. You can find it at Best Buy. It's not cheap, but it's good.

I still print about 90% of my reports onsite. If the house is large, has a lot of defects, or something that requires more research, then I will finish the report at home and email a PDF version to the client.

I use a HP 460 desk jet. The print is wireless and can be run on a battery.

Click to Enlarge
tn_2011224121310_022.jpg

23.18 KB

I still print about 90% of my reports on site. If the house is large, has a lot of defects, or something that requires more research, then I will finish the report at home and email a PDF version to the client.

I use a HP 460 desk jet. The print is wireless and can be run on a battery.

Click to Enlarge
tn_2011224121310_022.jpg

23.18 KB

That was the contender, when I bought the Canon. Both are about the same size and bluetooth capable. I think the only reason I went with the Canon was that the floor salesman felt the Canon was a slightly better printer for the money and was intended to print photograph quality on photo paper.

I had the earlier HP printer - the 350, and it worked fine.

Either is a great choice. The portable printers these days really make it so you need no other printer. They do it all at reasonable speed. I was glad to retire all of my larger space wasting printers around my house. The bluetooth works flawlessly and it's nice to be able to print from anywhere in the house and not deal with any cables.

Your pooch Mike? Where were you hiking?

It's actually my son, Keith's Jack Russel that goes on many hikes with me. The darn thing is trained to the max!

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1324559195258

That was a mile or two down the Appalachian trail from Humpback Mountain. I had just taken the following pics of a particularly cool rattlesnake - unusually light in color and docile.

The previous rattler I photographed was the complete opposite - huge (as big around as my forearm, and that's bricklayin' big - maybe 54" in length), and aggressive as hell. I'm not easily scared, but that one had me nervous. As soon as you were in sight it went absolutely crazy - rattling and writhing.

This was Winky's first rattler, and being playful and inquisitive, i really had to be forceful with her to prevent her from getting bit. Fortunately, she's pretty obedient, and after a good scolding, she didn't approach it again.

Click to Enlarge
20112242108_Rattler%20(2).bmp

821.3 KB

Click to Enlarge
201122421143_Rattler.bmp

776 KB

Cute little timber rattler. The big ones you saw were probably Eastern Diamondbacks.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Here's one more of the Timber Rattler. It really was a brilliant rattler. I've never seen one with such bright colors - not sure if that was due to it's age or a mutation. It was the smallest rattler I've ever seen.

Click to Enlarge
2011224232755_Timber%20rattler.bmp

728.9 KB

The real quandry with the Eastern Diamondback, then, was that it was a mere three feet off and uphill from the trail, refusing to budge. And, it was a pretty shear drop off the opposite side of the trail. So, there was basically nowhere to go but past it. And, they're alleged to be able to strike half their body length. To make matters worse, I had a lady friend along and getting her to pass it was mission impossible. That alone took about thirty minutes. She finally did listen to me and walk very calmly past it, as far to the opposite side of the trail as possible. It was a trip. But, I got some great pics of that beast. Being all curled up in this photo is disceptive. There's really nothing, by which to gain any real perspective, but this was by far the fatest and longest ratter I've ever seen, and I've seen a few. This one was very well fed.

Click to Enlarge
201122423237_untitled.bmp

819.49 KB

He's probably well fed 'cuz he'd staked out that trail and that's why he didn't want to budge.

I know what you mean about your dog. 22 years ago I had a Timbershepard named Sitka who absolutely would not listen to any command when he saw a snake Not that a timbershepard is much good at following commands anyway.). I don't care what kind of snake it was, he'd snatch it up and snap it like a bullwhip before I'd get a word out of my mouth. It must have been some instinctual thing he was born with 'cuz he knew how to avoid getting struck and would go after those things like a mongoose. I was always worried that he'd come home some afternoon snake bit.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Yes, if anything bad happened to Winky on the trail, I'd be heart broken. She's a fine hiking companion - always about twenty-five yards up the trail constantly looking back to make sure I'm there. And, at any moment if I tell her to "come", she's at my feet in seconds, where she sits until I tell her she can press on.

Well, I know it's not a rattler, but if you like big poisonous snakes, here's my record Cottonmouth (Water Moccasin) - an equally impressive specimen.

Click to Enlarge
tn_20112250638_n1269234243_65132_3850.jpg

87.61 KB

Click to Enlarge
20112250728_Cottonmouth.bmp

806.82 KB

That was a mile or two down the Appalachian trail from Humpback Mountain. I had just taken the following pics of a particularly cool rattlesnake - unusually light in color and docile.

Are you standing on Humpback Rock, the greenstone outcrop?

You're probably right Bill. I went both places in the same day - Humpback and another pretty shear cliff along the appalachian trail just south of the picnic area there in Blue Ridge Parkway a bit North of Humpback (I think). When I was down the trail from Humpback, there was no one to ask to take a picture of me. So, I believe you're right.

You probably know the place - from the shear cliff you are looking right at Wintergreen's ski slopes. I usually park at the huge picnic ground just just south of 64 and hike in.

If you like to hike, this is a picture of me just finishing the Riprap Trail Circuit ( a trail to and along the ridge formed by the two mountains behind me). It was a 9.8 mile hike that had me hard pressed to put one foot in front of the other by the end. On flat ground most folks can do about 2.5 miles per hour, but that hike took a good nine hours. I was pretty much rinning on fumes in this photo.

Click to Enlarge
tn_201122702350_136.jpg

47.34 KB

Another, similarly tough hike was St. Mary's Wilderness, which was unique in that no one ever hikes it. The trails were so overgrown that sometimes I was unsure, for a mile or two, whether I was even on the right trail anymore. That was another 8 mile hike that took probably close to nine hours. I saw four foot Rattler on that hike.

Jim,

Split the thread! You should be able to do that with the access level you have.

But I don't want to. I get much more satisfaction from yanking Michael's chain.

Well, you'll never run out of reasons to do that. I offer a flat out smörgåsbord of chains to yank. It's a tough job, but someone's got to do it. [:-propell