Soldier Course

Terence McCann

Having not seen soldier course brickwork under a window before I'm wondering about water flow.

Thoughts?

What's to wonder about? Some water flows out over the face of the brick and some flows back, behind the rear side of the brick. A little of the water that flows behind is soaking the wall and breaching any imperfections in the WRB.

Having not seen soldier course brickwork under a window before I'm wondering about water flow.

Thoughts?

What's to wonder about? Some water flows out over the face of the brick and some flows back, behind the rear side of the brick. A little of the water that flows behind is soaking the wall and breaching any imperfections in the WRB.

"The brick exterior on this home presents an excellent opportunity for a skilled mason to ply his/her trade." or,

"This home is a perfect candidate for new sheathing and some shiny vinyl siding." or,

The Kentucky approach from a different thread- "Wow! this house has brick siding! Brick is a long lasting and maintenance free exterior! Best of luck to you first time home buyers!"

"This home is a perfect candidate for new sheathing and some shiny vinyl siding."

I have seen new homes with a brick ledge that are vinyl sided because the veneer turned out to be too expensive, including one that has all the brick in the yard on skids, but I've never ever seen a veneer removed to apply vinyl. It's way easier to side right over it.

A bit of thread drift, if you don't mind. I have three single daughters over the age of 23. My middle daughter just called and told me she was engaged. Her boyfriend called me last week to ask permission for her hand in marriage.

I have now cried twice in the last week. . .

Come on now Jerry, news this good (at least I hope they were tears of joy) deserves it own new thread!

A bit of thread drift, if you don't mind. I have three single daughters over the age of 23. My middle daughter just called and told me she was engaged. Her boyfriend called me last week to ask permission for her hand in marriage.

Dude, that is awesome. All of it. Loving your daughter . . . is very cool.

Come on now Jerry, news this good (at least I hope they were tears of joy) deserves it own new thread!

Done. . .(thanks)