New Project Video

Marc;

It's shot on an 'Acer' pad, similar to an Ipad but that runs on the droid system

Ben- I have no idea...

Steve- If you look in many of the shots, you will see the iron worker setting chairs in place

I caught it the second time I watched.

Has the wet weather delayed the project much? A few of our jobs have had setbacks due to rain and the Hurricane.

wow........

157 yds. before lunch. That is mind numbing.

It's like the stuff I saw in China. They pump, place, and finish thousands of yards of concrete in a day. Only there, they don't have laser screeds....they use thousands of laborers.

So, does modern construction create jobs, or displace them to robots?

There's no answer, just musing.

Be sure to take credit for being "slightly ahead" of schedule. If you're behind at the end, you can always blame the weather.

• 1 month later...

Is that machine the reason that mason was saying." long time no see?"

Darren, if you can, take some vids of the floor guys when they put the hardwood down.

The last skool I worked on, had an elevated track over the gym. I was treated to quite a show while I installed maple caps on the tops of the guardrails.

They were amazing to watch.

Is that machine the reason that mason was saying." long time no see?"

No; there was a finisher who I just saw while filming that I hadn't seen in about 15 years.

When I first got into the business, his father was my boss. While watching him that day, it was amazing how much he resembled his father; the similar mannerism (sic?) was incredible; it was like 'The Twilight Zone'.

• 1 month later...

It's a fully adhered EPDM Carlisle roofing system. There a fire-rated board installed over the insulation. Here's a video I shot in the summer.

One minor problem we are having is because of the fire board, the washers don't 'sit down' into the insulation so when the safety cables from the Spider scaffold rub on them the membrane is wearing. I had to tell the siding guy to put armaflex on the cables to help prevent this.