Vegas conference

I've got a couple advertisements for the conference.......seems the Dynamic Duo are rolling out their own brand of certification.....from the promo blurb.....(italics are mine)......

"This year the theme will be "Certification". We are providing you with several topics that you can immerse yourself in and come out with a certificate in that discipline. This is a money making opportunity for you as you can offer additional services and market yourself as a professional certified inspector for the class you took."

I am not worried about the "certification". I just thought it was an easy way for me to get my annual credits. I am curious to see how this whole thing is put on. Will be interesting.

They have always put on a good conference. Plenty of education with a good amount of fun added to the after hour events.

I won't make it this year as I'm saving my shekels for InspectionWorld in Phoenix this January 2012.

I am not worried about the "certification". I just thought it was an easy way for me to get my annual credits. I am curious to see how this whole thing is put on. Will be interesting.

They have always put on a good conference. Plenty of education with a good amount of fun added to the after hour events.

I won't make it this year as I'm saving my shekels for InspectionWorld in Phoenix this January 2012.

It is always fun to go to their events!

I won't be there this year and missed last year, but have been to all the other years. The education is not exactly for the professional experienced person, but still good.

I used to be a certified fruitcake, but now just nuts!

Phoenix is beyond my budget this year.

Oh, I know the conference is a decent gig and all that. It would be a cost effective way to get CEU's. Anyone going, it's all benefit.

I was just amused at the ridiculousness of their "certification" pitch. It seems there's no end to the humiliations offered up and suffered by practitioners of this thing that we do.

I won't be in Phoenix, although I'd like to go. I'm gonna be in China again, touring Binhai New Area, a planned city of 3 million people that's getting built all at once. Yep, 700 square kilometers of construction, all happening at once. I've seen the foundations, now I'm going back to see the upward movement.

Of course, there's no CEU's offered or gained, but I think it'll be a pretty good education anyway.

Right now, China is the Greatest Show on Earth; I couldn't live in it, but man, it's crazy fun to watch.

I've got a friend over there who introduced me to a bunch of folks, and now I've got a bunch of friends and a budding opportunity in a couple business ventures. It's pie in the sky, but interesting as all get out.

It's nothing like any of the news programs or any of the media you see here. Forget all preconceptions about it. And, don't worry about China taking over.....they have massive problems that make ours look like a minor fender bender.

I go over there, and understand just how fine we have it here. We got it made.

And the woman. Wo ai de nuren zai zhongguo.......

Man, that's real in china. Everything is counterfeit. They recently busted a few dozen Apple stores that were counterfeit right down to the blue shirts and badges the employees wore.....even the employees thought they worked for Apple.

If its manufactured or packaged, you can't trust it. Both times I've gone, I've been a baby formula and vitamin mule for folks with babies.....the word goes out that someone's coming, and I get dozens of requests from folks in chinatown to take medicine to their parents.

Anyone that thinks we need to get rid of the EPA, FDA, or similar govt. entity that protects consumers and citizens really needs to go to china and see what that gets you.

We really do have it good here.

We really do have it good here.

I hear the same thing from pretty much everyone I know who spends considerable time in other countries--including China.

I noticed a few months ago that the rawhides I gave my dog were made in China. Pitched the damn things immediately. If we can't trust a country to make lead-free toys and pajamas that don't burst into flames for our children, why should we trust them to produce safe chew-toys for our animals?