I think my wife is getting cold...

Thats a lot of money for supplemental heat. You would be better off taking the money and upgrading your primary heating source I would believe. Never had a pellet stove or bbq grill, a lot of people sure like them. I would prefer spending the money on a soapstone wood burning stove myself. If nothing else, they are sure nice to look at and keep a tea pot nice and warm, does a great job with hot cocoa too.

$1400 would seem to open up some options for something that wasn't so ugly and didn't clog up a window.

Then again, I'm not sure what that option would be.

I just really hate window units, be it AC or whatever. I'd stick a gas wall unit in before I'd dink around with a pellet stove in a window.

Hi,

Looks like it might be a pretty nice little unit for the primary heat source for a cabin or detached garage/shop, but if I were to buy one, instead of sticking it in a usable window I'd just get out a saw, cut a hole through the wall, install some jacks and a header, mount it in the wall, flash it and be done with it. It'd take less than an hour, not including patching and repainting, and it wouldn't look as goofy as I'm sure it does hanging in a window.

That seems like a lot of money for that unit, though. Has Harbor Freight got it? It might be cheaper there.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Hi,

Looks like it might be a pretty nice little unit for the primary heat source for a cabin or detached garage/shop, but if I were to buy one, instead of sticking it in a usable window I'd just get out a saw, cut a hole through the wall, install some jacks and a header, mount it in the wall, flash it and be done with it. It'd take less than an hour...

Much more easily said than done. You can spend much more than an hour on just the siding-assuming it's already installed when you first start working.

Marc

Hi,

Looks like it might be a pretty nice little unit for the primary heat source for a cabin or detached garage/shop, but if I were to buy one, instead of sticking it in a usable window I'd just get out a saw, cut a hole through the wall, install some jacks and a header, mount it in the wall, flash it and be done with it. It'd take less than an hour...

Much more easily said than done. You can spend much more than an hour on just the siding-assuming it's already installed when you first start working.

Marc

Um, Nope.

I'm pretty sure that's what it would take me, including cutting away the siding, flashing the opening and installing a head flashing and exterior trim. I hate drywall work 'cuz I'm not good with mud work. It would take me a lot longer to patch the drywall and get a decently smooth surface than it would to cut and block a hole and install some flashings and trim.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike