Grey PVC DWV

Chad Fabry

It's from spillage at the extrusion plant. Pellets the size of grains of kosher salt come in bags the size of refrigerators. They get dumped into giant hoppers, dropped into screws and forced through dies into what ever part is being made that day. Lots of pellets get spilled. They can either be scrapped or made into odd colored parts.

Everyone should visit a vinyl extrusion plant at least once. There is a fog of fine vinyl particles in the air, the stench of melting plastics, the screech of the cut off saws, and watching the parts extrude is as much fun as watching paint dry.

Everyone should visit a vinyl extrusion plant at least once. There is a fog of fine vinyl particles in the air, the stench of melting plastics, the screech of the cut off saws, and watching the parts extrude is as much fun as watching paint dry.

I visited a PEX plant with a few of the TIJ brethern and actually found it quite exciting. Been so long ago, I can't 'member who all was there!

It's from spillage at the extrusion plant. Pellets the size of grains of kosher salt come in bags the size of refrigerators. They get dumped into giant hoppers, dropped into screws and forced through dies into what ever part is being made that day. Lots of pellets get spilled. They can either be scrapped or made into odd colored parts.

I figured something like that. Thanks.

I visited a PEX plant with a few of the TIJ brethern and actually found it quite exciting. Been so long ago, I can't 'member who all was there!

I have a picture of us all somewhere - if I get a chance I post it. That was a great trip - I want to do it again.