Bad flush

Denray

Our toilet is 22 yrs old. Poor flush. The jet at the bottom is clogged with the scale buildup thing is probably the reason. I've soaked it in the scale dissolver stuff a time or two, but not great results. Is it toast or is there some really aggressive scale treatment stuff out there?

If the jet hole is plugged the trap is really plugged.

Buy a Toto- Do not buy the American Standard H2O Siphonic Dual flush. It's the worst toilet I have ever owned.

I've been waiting so long for an opportunity to review this toilet- thanks for the topic

I agree with you about Toto toilets. They are also really simple and inexpensive to repair.

I have an American Standard Cadet with 3" flush valve in the basement. You could flush a Mack truck down that thing. Minimal water usage too. With the 3" valve the bowl empties quickly. It doesn't push down from above. It pulls from below. Whoosh!!!....gone.

The new Kohler in the upstairs bathroom is powerful with minimal water usage too.

We bought a Toto a few years back. While the flushing action is excellent, it does a poor job of washing down the sides of the bowl (if you know what I mean). We'll soon be looking for an alternative to finish off the master bath remodel.

Denny, I would replace that old whirlpool crapper without hesitation.

There are good Totos and there are mediocre Totos. The one with the handle on the side can have flush problems from sloppy hardware. The mid-90's dual flushers in general are pathetic for most brands, IMO.

John is right. The Johns know johns. The American Standard Cadet 3 is indeed a fantastic toilet for about $200. The earlier Cadet got poor reviews, so they improved the venturi and hit on a winning design.

Eljer is a better than average higher end brand, but they don't flush a floater any better than a Cadet 3.