Stucco styles

Chad Fabry

It's really not ugly. It needs the aluminum wrap and vinyl removed to expose the real wood half timbers and the cedar shingles. The house interior is 90% intact. With the right owner, the place will be a modest gem.

The buyer is the right owner.

Click to Enlarge
tn_20142121342_P2010705%20(Large).jpg

64.22 KB

And this is just to show I made it to the top.

Click to Enlarge
tn_2014212161_P2010911%20(Large).jpg

67.39 KB

I don't know there's a name for it. A great book I once owned (can't find it) - Plaster, Render, Paint and Coatings - translated from German.

There might be a roof hatch, dormer or skylight on the rear span that he popped his head from to take the pic.

Click to Enlarge
tn_201421235616_P2010912%20(Large).jpg

68.49 KB

This is the valley on the left of the establishing shot

Click to Enlarge
tn_201421235711_P2010908%20(Small).jpg

55.76 KB

This is the chimney on the left. The first pic was of the chimney at the rear. I crawled out the attic window out of view on the left. I was able to grab the rake edge and the window frame at the same time to make a safe transition up the rear slope and then I

was able to grab the ridge and climb to the top. It was fairly safe as these things go.

That roof is steeper than 12 in 12. My arms would be too short to grab the ridge. Coming back down is when I want to crap my pants. Your body doesn't operate the same on the descent.

"Pebbledash" is the only stucco style I can think of, thanks, Richard M for that one.

No, that's not pebbledash, more like boulderdash. [:)]