Drones?

Les

It's inevitable. I'm not convinced on cost/time/risk v. value, though. Ladders are still fairly easy and probably about the same amount of time as going with a drone...maybe less time. I don't know.

What's the general time allotment for a drone roof inspection?

The technology is seductive, that's for sure. Who doesn't want one?

I really can't comment on this. He has intimidated me in the past. He scared me. He claims to be involved with 104 inspections per hour, 24hrs per day, 365days per year? And he wants me to listen?

Marc, you are missing nothing. I am so sorry he has enjoyed the limited success. They hurt the whole business and industry of inspections.

Just my opinion. I believe we are judged by the company we keep and I do not keep company with him.

Ben, that is a nice shot.

I would think the drone could be charged and readied to go ahead of time to cut down on the setup time.

For my area, rarely see more than two full storeys, the pole camera works good and takes still snap shots with the timer function.

I adapted the 12' paint pole to fit a 12' pruning pole for a 22' reach. Plus 4 or 5' for the height of the poleman.

I have used the 12' pole from the top of the ladder, a very fast way to get a chimney crown shot or two.

The Pole Camera adds only 5 or 10 minutes at the most for setting up and still shots are on an SD card, quick to load straight into a report.

Ah John. Quit with the dang pole camera efficiency and time advantage already. You're killing Ben's fun of playing with the drone and talking to the scantily clad runners (both of which endorse).

Click to Enlarge
tn_20141219225649_Bikini%20Runner.jpg

27.12 KB

Were you being a creeper again Erby? Taking pics of hot runners as you slowly roll by? [:-eyebrow

• 2 weeks later...

Ah John. Quit with the dang pole camera efficiency and time advantage already. You're killing Ben's fun of playing with the drone and talking to the scantily clad runners (both of which endorse).

Were you being a creeper again Erby? Taking pics of hot runners as you slowly roll by? [:-eyebrow

No, they were coming by cuz they heard about Erby's big screwdriver. It's a local attraction. [:)]

We designed this home and a drone was used to take aerial photos as part of the marketing. I guess it was illegal according to the article. I did not arrange for the photos. It was not too long ago that a helicopter was needed to take these photos.

http://mobile.obeo.com/viewer/ipadu.cfm?TourID=933104

We've got a local guy who's been doing those kinds of shots from a tethered helium balloon for years.

Nice home, by the way. I like the way it fits its surroundings. In this area, we stack our booji houses five feet apart from each other, like so much overpriced cordwood running up the hillside.

Is that really a "colonial?"

We designed this home and a drone was used to take aerial photos as part of the marketing. I guess it was illegal according to the article. I did not arrange for the photos. It was not too long ago that a helicopter was needed to take these photos.

http://mobile.obeo.com/viewer/ipadu.cfm?TourID=933104

We've got a local guy who's been doing those kinds of shots from a tethered helium balloon for years.

Nice home, by the way. I like the way it fits its surroundings. In this area, we stack our booji houses five feet apart from each other, like so much overpriced cordwood running up the hillside.

Is that really a "colonial?"

Thanks for the compliment. Not a bad shack for $4.2 million.

Definitely not a colonial. The real estate industry around here has determined that a 2-story house is almost always labelled a colonial. I think if soneone wanted to sell a two-story glass and steel home the listing would call it a "Modern Colonial".

Sales of drones for real estate applications will likely explode soon and a new service in drone photography will be born. HIs will be musing whether to buy a drone or hire the service for the roof inspection. It's the 'IR camera' question all over again.

Marc