camera holsters

John Dirks Jr

Like me, I bet some of you wear out stuff like camera cases. I'm pretty picky about being able to have quick draw action. I found these USA Gear radio holsters to work well for me. Velcro flap, stitched belt loop (not clip) and flexible wet suit type material. I love them. They come in various sizes. Check them out if you need camera holsters. I remove the carabiner.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CTY ... ge_o09_s00

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C6O ... ge_o03_s00

The trick is to get a long lanyard that'll go around your neck while allowing the camera in the holster. Really cuts down on camera damage from drops and makes it easy to grab for a quick draw.

Then take your camera to a local leather guy and have him make one big enough to hold the camera and lanyard when not in use.

A good belt clip for ease of on and off the belt.

The magnetic snap opens when I pull on the lanyard. I guess you could use velcro but more effort to open.

Click to Enlarge
tn_201592821546_IMG_2719.jpg

142.59 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_201592821632_IMG_2720.jpg

150.85 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_201592821649_IMG_2718.jpg

142.94 KB

And, Yes, if you're egotistical or just like to brand your stuff, you can have your name stamped on it.

Going on several years now. One of these days I might even polish it up a little but crawl spaces tend to degrade the polish pretty quick.

Did the same (local leather guy) for my "every inspection" tool pouch!

Click to Enlarge
tn_2015928212342_IMG_2721.jpg

87.92 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_201592821249_IMG_2955.jpg

94.02 KB