Concrete box under stairway.

If you've ever tried to lift one, you'll know why they stashed it there instead of carrying it up the stairs. 

I used to have one just like it out in my east field, for watering horses. The grass grew up all around it, I forgot where it was, and ran over it with my tractor. 

If anyone wants to know how to bust up one of these things, all you need is some chloride-filled tires on a 1949 8N tractor . . . 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, Yempetryn said:

If you are starting to think about ideas for updating the basement, it's time to get creative! Basements are one of the best places to arrange a real media room. They are naturally dark and quiet, which creates ideal conditions for a large screen and large, comfortable sofas that do not always fit in a traditional family room.

They are naturally dank, dreary, and musty also, and not good for anything electronic.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Jim's right... Chicken-wire reinforcement...   often we'll see the date of the manufacture on them...   we see them every week around here..     We also see the precursor----stone sinks, same size/shape, etc.. (usually with cracks)... but the reinforced-concrete beast is more common.. I even had one here in my 1961 ranch that I had to tear-apart ...  pain in the gluteus maximus