Unfamiliar roof cover

Tim H

Hey Jim,

Going by feel, there was bitumen under the cover. No bitumen was was visible, however. The silver material was 'rolled' around the edges sthat I could not see a cross section. It was profenally done, and except for som air bubbles that you can see in the photo,it looked like a solid installation.

Tim

Hi,

That's why I asked how wide it was. Last week when I was in Florida I was in a place that sold a bituthene product called Peel & Seal that comes in roles that ranged all the way from 3 inches wide up to 22 inches wide. The stuff can be gotten with foil facing like that or with a white vinyl facing or other colors of viny facings. When it was rolled down using a laminate roller, it looked just like that stuff.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

This stuff Mike?

Image Insert:

2007105141231_foilrepair.jpg

104.49 KB

I "temporarily" repaired some wind damage on my own house with the stuff. I found it at a local lumber yard. 6" wide in my case. The repair actually lasted about 5 years until I finally had the re-model done.

But...I thought it was intended for temp repairs and not a whole roof?

Hi Richard,

Yeah, I guess that's the same stuff. I'm amazed that it stayed up there on those granules five years. It likes a very clean, smooth and dry surface.

Down in Florida they use that stuff on the joints of the metal roofs on the single and double-wides followed by a highly reflective coating. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, though. Even on a 90° day, once it was rolled onto a thoroughly scoured and clean surface, it was tenacious and wouldn't come off without a fight.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike