What ever happened to duct tape

gtblum

Originally posted by AHI in AR

Plastic bags work for me...think of it as recycling. Plus, I love squeezing into tight crawlspaces just for fun.

BTW, Is that a flexible rubber hose attached via hose clamp to that PVC drain line beside the cast iron? Nuthin' like a twofer photo!

Yeah, it's flex hose but, it's wrapped with black electricians tape so it's ok.

You know,

I get worried sometimes that someone who was flipping burgers yesterday, and then went out and printed up some home inspector business cards this morning and is now a home inspector, is going to come on here one day, read some of this stuff, take it seriously and then pass it on to customers. Jeez!

Besides, everyone knows that you don't repair a hole in a cast iron waste pipe with plastic bags, paper bags or duct tape; you use silicone caulk and a piece cut out of a plastic laundry detergent bottle.

Amateurs!

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Originally posted by hausdok

You know,

I get worried sometimes that someone who was flipping burgers yesterday, and then went out and printed up some home inspector business cards this morning and is now a home inspector, is going to come on here one day, read some of this stuff, take it seriously and then pass it on to customers. Jeez!

Besides, everyone knows that you don't repair a hole in a cast iron waste pipe with plastic bags, paper bags or duct tape; you use silicone caulk and a piece cut out of a plastic laundry detergent bottle.

Amateurs!

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Shows how much you know... The soap left over on the laundry detergent bottle would cause the caulk to let go in under six months. Thats why real professionals use Soda bottles [^] If there is any soda residue it just self etches to the cast iron and when you use a clear one you can even see it working!

Oh!

I'm sorry, did I forget to mention using the waist elastic from an old pair of briefs as backup to tie down the detergent bottle patch once it's been caulked in place? Sorry, my faux pas. I've found that Fruit of the Loom elastic seems to be the strongest and works swimmingly.

I will acknowledge though that your soda bottle is a much more professional approach; I may have to rethink my own - after all, it can be a little bit of a pain stripping off my pants in that tight crawlspace in order to get my briefs off in order to cut away that elastic band. [:I]

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike