access to property

How do you normally gain access John? Since you mentioned that in this case the client is going to be out of town, does that mean the buyer usually arranges access?

Not knowing what the protocol is in your area, I'd ask the buyers agent. If she can't do it, then at least she can set you on the right path.

Here in the Lehigh Valley, inspectors can have Supra keys. I can't imagine working without it. When the inspection is first booked, the call center (America's Call Center), notifies the listing office of the date and time of the inspection. That's it. Nobody needs to be there to let me in. About 3/4 of the time, it's just me and the buyer(s) at the inspection.

Ditto for us here, Joe. With Supra here at least for now, I still have to contact the listing agent for an access code. I always contact the buyers agent just to touch base and to head off any problems the buyer might not know about, like a contract that has not been finalized, etc. That takes me a minute on the phone but can save me time in the long run.

We have Sentrilock here. I used to have one until I realized I don't really need it. With this system the agents can issue a one time pass code. If they choose to not cooperate, it can only delay the deal. I can't imagine them wanting that, can you?

I decided to make it standard to first, go through the agent who represents my client. Whether the client is a buyer or seller, wherever that takes us, onward we march.

We always tell the buyer to notify their agent of the appointment time. We're not going to tie up office staff making calls. I don't really care who does or doesn't show up.

Joe, Aren't you using ActiveKey? I found out this morning that they won't activate before 9:00 AM in Hunterdon County.

We always tell the buyer to notify their agent of the appointment time. We're not going to tie up office staff making calls. I don't really care who does or doesn't show up.

Joe, Aren't you using ActiveKey? I found out this morning that they won't activate before 9:00 AM in Hunterdon County.

Most realtors are clueless, but they can set those things to activate whenever they need them to. I've had buyers' agents call listing agents for the shackle code so the ML locks can be adjusted if we need to get in at eight or eight-thirty.

Yes, the LVAR switched to Activekey last summer. Here, they're active from 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM.

I kind of miss the old Supra Key. I could keep it in my bag all week and it would hold a charge until I put it in the cradle on update night. The Active key doesn't need a phone line, but the charge doesn't last a week.

Access codes were mentioned. We don't need them.