Go Cards!

Mark P

I’ve never been a sports fan. When someone starts talking about some player or team or stats, or last nights game my mind just kinds of glazes over like I were listening to a presentation on tax reform. It just does nothing for me. I have nothing against it, I just never got it.

Seeing that I live just outside St. Louis I just keep it to myself that I don’t follow sports. When the subject comes up I just stay quiet. In a town like this, if you’re not a Cards fan, it is like your un-American or something. I’m mean I had to go out and buy a St. Louis Cardinals t-shirt for my kids to wear at their schools on “Cards Dayâ€

The same thing happened to me once. I was in a gym, and a guy in sweatpants and a wrinkled shirt started talking to me. The conversation lasted about fifteen minutes before we said, "Have a nice day," to each other.

I made my way toward a machine or something, and one of the kids who worked at the gym grabbed my arm and said, "Man, what were you and Randy Travis talking about for so long?"

Nothing important, I told him before asking who Randy Travis was 'cause I'd never seen him before. The kid then had to explain that Travis was some monster country-music star who was playing a gig in Lexington that night.

I'd never heard the name and was utterly clueless. I did, however, walk the kid back to Randy and introduce them to each other.

Yeah,

It was like that when I did Dennis Wilson's house - same thing when I did that Yanetski Betancourt's house. The realtor told me Wilson was a baseball dude before the inspection but since I don't pay attention to baseball it didn't mean much to me. He turned out to be a nice young laid back guy - in his mid-30's or thereabouts, I guess. We were in the basement checking out some efflorescense on the foundation wall when I said to Wilson, "So, I hear you're a baseball guy." "Yep, guess you could say that," he answered. "Sorry, I don't know much about the sport, I never watch it on TV," I said. "Me neither," he answered with a grin. We got on fine after that. Guess he was happy not to have someone going all google-eyed and pestering him for his autograph.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Mark,

For what it's worth, the only player I see with the name Brad on the major league roster, I wouldn't have known him either, and I do watch baseball. I have had the opportunity of working the inspection for a couple of Seahawk(NFL) players, most recently was M. Trufant, and they were both as laid back as can be. The realtor was a bit nervous and different that day, but just another inspection for me, didn't handle it any differently.

It happened to me three times. I was the only one in the process that didn't have a clue. The inspections were for players from both NY and Phila teams. One subsequently appeared in the news frequently after being arrested for a serious crime.

The only celebrity that got offended that I didn't immediately recognize him was a local news anchor.

I did Kerry Wood's house (the one he sold).

(Cardinals suck)

*Personal Message to Cub fans* (because they are probably the only ones that will see any humor in it)

Back in my plumbing days, I did a service call at Kyle Farnsworth's condo. I should have left it there...

[}:)]