hello guys new guy here

gtp1003

Well i would build a custom flashing when the window is being installed if not build one to complement the exsiting flashing and solarseal just enough so it looks right.

That doesn't help much. How, exactly, would you build the custom flashing? What shape? How would you integrate it with the existing flashing?

1 problem the window if is a walk out porch it must be tempered in case someone fell. and the flashing would custom made to fit. thats the way i would do it. im guessing your a fake im i correct?

A fake in what sense? I'm a real person. My question is real. Windows that are placed too close to adjacent porch roofs are notoriously difficult to flash properly. I'm wondering how you'd go about it.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Kevin,

This is a forum for home inspectors. We don't visit people's houses and give bids. While there's a certain amount of salesmanship involved in our job, we are not in the business of sales. The information that you're trying to convey doesn't apply to us. You're speaking to the wrong audience.

Do you understand who we are and what we do?

- Jim Katen, Oregon

• 1 month later...

1 problem the window if is a walk out porch it must be tempered in case someone fell. and the flashing would custom made to fit. thats the way i would do it. im guessing your a fake im i correct?

I want to know what you mean when call Jim a fake??

OK, let's try this:

If I have a window with the sill only 2" above an adjacent porch roof, how can I flash it so that it won't leak?

- Jim Katen, Oregon

One should glob on a bunch of polyurethane caulk, but never use silicone. Correct?

Saw duct tape the other day. Just one of the many uses. [:-monkeyd

Pleeeaaase tell me I win.