Deck stain sound off

I'm fixin' to stain my 2 year old deck this spring and want some feedback on what to use. I don't care about cost, just quality.

I've inly stained a handfull of decks, normally using Cabot, but is there something better?

Also, to pressure wash first or not?

I can't imagine not pressure washing first, simply to get the surface as clean as possible to receive whatever you plan to apply without sealing crap into the surface. And, of course, I would imagine it best for that surface to be bone dry when applied so it will penetrate well. As far as woods and compatibility, I yield to someone more knowledgeable.

Whatever you choose, don't use water base no matter what the warranty says. I have used oil based Behr on a pressure treated porch recently and after 1 plus years it looks OK. Consumer reports rates this stuff. Maybe you can get a recent copy from the library. Stick with oil base.

I have used Cuprinol on a deck in Salt Lake City, It worked well for four years while I lived at the house and still looked good when I sold it. so 90 - 100 degree temperature swing during the year and snow sitting on it for weeks at a time during the winter. Cabbots also works well.