business vehicle

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering what the total height was once all is installed and wondering if it would go into some of the underground parking garages we have in downtown Seattle.

OT - OF!!!

M.

Shoot! I totally misread. Sorry. It's about 91" on the side with step ladder stacked on 16' ext. and 87" on the side with the single 28' ext. ladder.

It will certainly limit access to many of the parking garages.

For loading I shove them up over the rear. The roller helps alot in this task. For reach when strapping them down I open the side and rear doors and stand on the sills.

Lots of rattle with AL ladders on an AL rack. I've got some soft vinyl strips I'm going to install on the rack to dampen the irritating noise of rattle.

I'm really pleased with the overall setup and liking the whole vehicle the more I use it. It takes a while to sort out the most efficient way to store things but it's getting better as I go. It's very easy and comfortable to access tools when standing outside the vehicle. Upright standing with minimal need to bend down into the vehicle.

The sliding doors on the side are great too. Its easy to get full access without worrying about your door hitting the car your parked next to.

My urban assault inspection vehicle at a job this week. I was actually looking at a Quail barn at the rear of property I was inspecting. These folks had about 2,000 quail that they farmed. Kurt, is correct the Xterra will go just about anywhere. I just added the company signage to the rear windows.

Click to Enlarge
tn_20121220101633_DSCN0957.jpg

56.31 KB

Hi All,

If any of you adventurous mechanically-inclined types are looking for a winter project and are also thinking about replacing your inspection vehicle I might have just the thing you are looking for. It's an 1975 Otis Electric - one of only a handful known to have been made and probably one of less than half a dozen that still exist.

It's small, it's environmentally friendly, you can haul a bunch of stuff in it and it's got big flat slab sides that can function as billboards for your company. They were only made for a year or so before Otis sold the electric vehicle division to another company so they are extremely rare. Would definitely turn a few heads and make you the inspector folks remember because of that kewl little van.

Probably not something for an inspector that has to drive long distances one way - this is something for an inspector who does most of his work in an urban environment where slow speeds and shorter distances are the norm - and it's definitely not something for an inspector that doesn't know which end of a wrench goes on the nut. This is like finding an antique watch that few watchmakers have ever seen let alone worked on - the guy who buys it has to know what he's doing. It needs a battery, which will be expensive to find or duplicate. It has a charger. It has a title.

IF anyone is interested, shoot me an email at hausdok@msn.com

It's a project van - it's an Otis Electric.

Click to Enlarge
tn_2012122241722_Otis_van.jpg

53.54?KB

(This is not the actual van - I found this picture on the net. The actual van is covered with a full body graphic that I'd prefer not to display here.)

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike