Home owner made me a sandwich

I was going to eat it in the dining room but she wanted to keep it nice for a party she was having later.

Click to Enlarge
tn_201322616831_dining%20room%20(Large).jpg

51.43?KB

So I got to kick back in that nice comfy chair in the living room. We discussed politics, the economy, and the necessity of good parenting skills. She was very intelligent.

Click to Enlarge
tn_2013226161325_living%20room%20(Large).jpg

47.6 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_2013226151519_kitchen%20(Large).jpg

48.9?KB

I can just imagine the verbiage in the listing: "The sunny, well equipped kitchen has anything the serious cook could want!"

But seriously, is that a typical design detail under the sink for homes that age there? I've never seen anything like it here.

No. It's just for upscale homes.

Marc

That reminds me about the 'hoarder' house I did a few years ago... Tiny rows to navigate between huge piles of crap.. mostly books, magazines and newspapers.. Similar kitchen... When I got into the kitchen, the homeowner said.. "you know.. I've been having problems with the kitchen sink.. " and so I opened the cabinet door and 'found her problem.. " "Ma'am.. you HAVE NO DRAIN.." She had been running water in the sink ... with no drain attached beneath... and didn't 'catch it'.. yikes.. The attic in that house was a huge racoon nest... madonna mia..

Richard,

Mine was an assessment visit for a local govt to see if this family and their digs might qualify for a block grant funded emergency repair program for low income owner occupants. Just providing due process. In fact, the local housing inspector had already condemned the dwelling as unfit for occupancy. I did not find them eligible, and issued a letter to that effect. (BTW I have actually seen worse)

Might have been my 10th inspection in my first 5 months in business. Needed the money. Almost hung it up twice during. I think the client was inheriting the place and some goofball relative lived there at the time. They wanted to know if worth fixing up.

Some houses are cleaner in the crawl space than inside.

Back in 78 or so I was working for a veterinarian. He bought a large lot with a house on it that 3 bums had been staying in. Toilets didn't flush, tobacco juice spit in the corners. I was going to be the handyman to fix it up. The doc went into one of the bathrooms, came out and said bulldoze it. Within a few weeks some Quakers, or whatever, folks came by and offered to take it all apart and remove it for free.