Article: Why You Need a 'Calmer' at Inspections

The Realtor Zen Master!

Honestly, I think the article gives some insight to why so many real estate deals go South. Many agents do not have control of their clients, nor do they set their clients expectations with the home. When the clients are hit with a list of items that were discovered many are not prepared and quickly become disillusioned if their agent has not prepped them prior.

The Realtor Zen Master!

Honestly, I think the article gives some insight to why so many real estate deals go South. Many agents do not have control of their clients, nor do they set their clients expectations with the home. When the clients are hit with a list of items that were discovered many are not prepared and quickly become disillusioned if their agent has not prepped them prior.

That's because they are not good at their jobs. I had an agent once tell me that it's not her job to hold hands during the process. She "shows houses and goes to closings".

• 4 weeks later...

After reading the article twice I've come to the conclusion that it's quite good. The line "I?ve found that the more experienced and mature inspectors are able to choose just the right tone to convey their findings" is quite accurate. I saw nothing in the article that references controlling the inspector - its gist is helping buyers maintain proper perspective which many inspectors don't seem to be capable of doing.

I love it when I describe a water intrusion concern including the signs of damage. The crafty agents say, "so we need some caulk, right?"

But the article has some valid points. I've sat at chapter meetings and heard some pretty silly things from the mouths of "licensed inspectors". I can imagine agents getting pissed off with hearing BS.

• 4 months later...

Totally Agree with you.. Well explained buddy.

The Realtor Zen Master!

That's because they are not good at their jobs. I had an agent once tell me that it's not her job to hold hands during the process. She "shows houses and goes to closings".