Red Tape on Floor?

Mike Lamb

Readily visible sign of a transition in flooring material. I'm with Trent. Someone needed extra help in seeing the transitions.

We've had both a dog and a cat that would hesitate, for about 20 seconds, at any floor-covering transition. For some reason, they didn't want to step onto a different floor covering. They would both gently probe/paw the new covering before assuring themselves it way okay to make the next step.

Hell, that's not a bad idea. I can't begin to count the number of times I've almost busted my ass walking through someone's strange home during an inspection and hooked a toe. Maybe I need to start doing that before commencing inspections so that my bifocals will pick up the transition better.

On the other hand, vertical is overrated. I feel better in horizontal mode - if I don't have to move, that is. Just do my best impression of a torpid python that's just fed.

Probably couldn't get away with persuading folks to pay me to inspect houses from that position though.

(Sigh)

ONE DOUGHNUT - ONE BITE!!!

Mike