Radon - Record Level

People around here freak out when it's 4.1 pCi/l. I'm not kidding. 3.9....whew...we're safe. 4.1? RUN, WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!

I think the highest I've ever found was a 47 pCi/l, and that ended up being about 17 pCi/l on retesting.

Mitigation systems must be pretty standard out there.

And there are still a few inspectors selling radon testing for granite counter-tops down here in Texas. [:-crazy]

Only location with any possible measurable radon in Texas is in the upper panhandle.

Get a lot of questions from buyers moving down here from up North, but that is OK ... they may have had experience or using talking points.

49 pCi/L is my highest here in Maryland.

This might be folklore, but. . .

I heard of a high radon level in a skyscraper condo. Supposedly gases were coming up through the elevator shaft. ('Course, why one would ever test a high-rise condo for radon would be a stretch IMHO.)

I heard that in a CEU course I took for radon testing in schools / larger public buildings etc.

They claimed it could travel up a utility chase and affect units higher up in the structure. Lots of other weird and complicated legal warnings in that CEU course. Since I took that course, I decline doing radon testing in anything other than single family homes.

I recently had a nursing home near D.C. contact me about doing radon testing. I passed.

Get a lot of questions from buyers moving down here from up North, but that is OK ... they may have had experience or using talking points.

We do a radon screening for abt 80% of our inspections. High levels, above 3.9pcL in abt 12%. I remain very skeptical abt radon screening ala 48hrs.