On 6/17/2020 at 7:58 AM, Marc said:

What's wrong with gazebo?

I've always understood a gazebo to be a place of shelter (necessitating a roof) where one could "gaze" at the scenery. This provides neither shelter no view and is, in fact, more like something to be gazed upon, which has no other practical use - hence my leaning toward a folly. 

On 6/19/2020 at 2:20 PM, Jim Katen said:

Oh, heck, this thing wasn't even mentioned in the report. It wasn't even near the house. I was just curious. 

Even so, "I like yer hypeathral" could get you a slap in the face. Be careful with this new knowledge.  😄

(I was too yellow to be seen near the movie theaters, and doubt if it even came here. 😆)

25 minutes ago, Bill Kibbel said:

Because I spelled it wrong.

You knew it was a word and what it meant.  I pointed out the typo because I remember images of words and I figured others might too.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know what to call it but mofogazebo or gazebississimo, but it must be a current undercurrent in people's thinking.  My wife is lobbying for me to build something stout, outdoors, and open to weather.