In my mailbox from Mallory

Les,

I am a Para-medic of sorts. I save some Homebuyers from Cardiac Arrest after they find out the Agents description "An absolute Gem" is just a POS with brand new vinyl siding.

Would the use of a defibrulator be considered as a technical tool? Paddles! Clear!!!

I'll allow you to use my name for $289.00 and waive the quiz requirement.

Originally posted by Justin Tyme

Randy and gang,

Sorry for the anonymity, but I prefer to stay out of the internet spotlight (Google) while on any open forum. I'm not looking for publicity and I stand behind my comments as a dedicated Home Inspector like yourselves. It's just my decision. Hope you understand.

Um . . . you can't "stand behind your comments" if you're anonymous.

Anonymous posters shouldn't be tossing stones at NACHI or any other groups or people. It cowardly.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Originally posted by Jim Katen

Anonymous posters shouldn't be tossing stones at NACHI or any other groups or people. It's cowardly.

I must agree. We aren't delving into controversial topics that might adversely affect your safety or ability to earn a living, should your identity become known.

Brian G.

My statement reads as follows -id="blue"> "I'm not looking for publicity and I stand behind my comments as a dedicated Home Inspector like yourselves."

It's the same as someone saying "the country must stand behind its troops"id="blue">

Anonymous posters shouldn't be tossing stones at NACHI or any other groups or people. It cowardly.

Simply your opinion I guess. id="blue">

Originally posted by Brian G.

I must agree. We aren't delving into controversial topics that might adversely affect your safety or ability to earn a living, should your identity become known.

Also your opinion.

For the record, when I signed on as Justin, I entrusted my identity to Mike and asked that he honor my request.

It matters not who throws stones in their post. The context alone speaks for itself.id="blue">

Trying to bring this back on topic....

As with most legal settlements, each side tries to claim that they "won" and they put the best spin on it from their perspective. Anyone care to share some opinions related to:

1) Does this achieve one of the primary goals, which was to avoid confusion between the two organizations in the eyes of the consumer?

2) What does this settlement mean for the future of the HI profession? NACHI's mantra is now "we're going global and we don't want to be limited to just traditional home inspections".

Time has shown that over the long haul you can’t fool the smart ones, at least not for very long because they can usually sniff out phonies within minutes. Therefore, it follows that smart home buyers and smart real estate agents will on average retain top-drawer inspectors. The result is that during what the real estate industry likes to call a “market adjustmentâ€

Originally posted by Justin Tyme

For the record, when I signed on as Justin, I entrusted my identity to Mike and asked that he honor my request.

Nobody here has asked, or would ask, Mike to reveal your identity. Mike has nothing to do with it.

It matters not who throws stones in their post. The context alone speaks for itself.

And that would be your opinion. As long as you're working from the shadows you're just a heckler, not a contributor (my opinion). The last word is yours if you want it.

Brian G.

Grow a Pair, Please [:-irked]

As with most legal settlements, each side tries to claim that they "won" and they put the best spin on it from their perspective. Anyone care to share some opinions

Brandon, I've shared my perspective to the point where I was getting 20 or 30 hate/threat emails a day. I actually enjoyed the challenge for a while but there's always a psychopath lurking that hates people with the ability to reason. It takes the fun out of it.

There is no winner or loser as this was an out of court agreement.

Anyone putting a spin on it is doing just that.

Anyone from a competing assoc will of course find it an excuse to throw rocks,much like the midget kicking a giant in the shins.

Nothing has changed other than the name which happens in corporate mergers all the time.Nothing rightious hides in the shadows.

Originally posted by chicago

There is no winner or loser as this was an out of court agreement.

Well that is true. The court did not come down with a verdict . But, as with all settlements you do have winners and those who did not do as well as they wanted.

Anyone putting a spin on it is doing just that.

Anyone from a competing assoc will of course find it an excuse to throw rocks,much like the midget kicking a giant in the shins.

Nothing has changed other than the name which happens in corporate mergers all the time.Nothing rightious hides in the shadows.

A name change is a big deal, if can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to change a name.