Servicemagic

Homegod

Anyone have input on servicemagic. I read a lot of people were disappointed from other lines of work but I don't see anyone from the home inspection industry making any statements about them.

Before I spend money with them I wanted to know if anyone had an opinion or have actually used there services?

Thank you in advance.

Anyone have input on servicemagic. I read a lot of people were disappointed from other lines of work but I don't see anyone from the home inspection industry making any statements about them.

Before I spend money with them I wanted to know if anyone had an opinion or have actually used there services?

Thank you in advance.

"I look better than you do."

Pretty cute.

I'm told that after a potential client fills out a form, it's reviewed and sent to several home inspector "clients" of Servicemagic. Folks that I know who tried it, said the leads take too long to be processed and arrive too late. That was quite a few years ago and I guess it's possible that it could have changed.

I agree it's bogus. They called me several times this past summer--along, I'm sure, with a gazillion others--and two of my competitors apparently snapped at the bait.

I'm curious. Does anyone know what they charge? Is it a monthly rate or a percentage of whatever bidness gets generated?

I have used Service Magic for several years. I have it set up so they contact me via Phone and Email for every lead. I get a phone call with contact name, phone number, address, square footage, anticipated hire date, and other information client adds. Once I have listened to the msg, I can push option 2 and the client is called on the phone numbers they gave. Then it is up to me to sell the client.

I also get an email. I have a template letter I send with quote figures as a follow up.

The fee is per lead. $12 for every lead. $18 if the client picks me specifically from the list of available contractors. Some months I get a couple leads a week other times I get 1 lead a month. If they send no leads, costs me nothing. Occasionally get misdirected leads where client wants something other than a home inspection. Call Service Magic, explain what client really wanted, and get credit on account.

Of course they are all price shopping. I convert about 50% so each lead really costs me $24. I still have openings in my calendar and this is just one more avenue to find customers.

I not 100% sure, but I believe it is a pay per referal.

Most of them are and therein is the initial rub for me. I could see paying for a client delivered, through a service, but paying for a maybe.. nah..

Having been a 100% commissioned salesman in the 80's, this whole scheme is flawed from the start. You don't get paid for leads, you get paid for delivering the exact goods ordered on time and in good condition. The fact was, that I could actually deliver a "sold" client to the company and if they didn't service him right and he didn't follow through to delivery, I didn't get a cent - no check til the fat lady sings.

I tried to explain to one of these service reps that I'd consider paying for an actual "done deal" inspection - sure. But for leads that I still have to work and can get off the hook - that ain't much of a service. He didn't have much to say after that. I guess the real "magic" is how much money they make for doing so little.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could get paid to deliver home inspection reports that read, "It might be a good house and it might not. But,Thanks for your business!"

• 8 months later...

When Service magic called me and offered their service, I told them it was too expensive to to pay the sign up fee, which was about $200 I think.

Then they said they could sign me up for free, which they did. Of course I haven't got any leads yet, but their search engine rank is usually on the first page, so its not that bad for me after all. I don't mind paying $12 or $18 for a lead and free advertising.

When Service magic called me and offered their service, I told them it was too expensive to to pay the sign up fee, which was about $200 I think.

Then they said they could sign me up for free, which they did. Of course I haven't got any leads yet, but their search engine rank is usually on the first page, so its not that bad for me after all. I don't mind paying $12 or $18 for a lead and free advertising.

Hope they work for you. Have not run into anyone over 8+ years who have had any good luck with Service Magic or similar companies.

Certainly wouldn't be any $$ I'd be budgeting for advertising.