What is it ? Continued

If I recall correctly, Bill Kibbel used to post "What is it"s a couple years ago and had us all going crazy on the edges of our seats for about a week over an acetylene generator. I forget what it looked like, but it really had us all going for a while. I miss those posts. They were fun and educational..

Here ya go, Mike. What is it?

Click to Enlarge
tn_201017175929_114.jpg

42.98 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_2010171808_115.jpg

36.59 KB

Aww that's easy, Gary, that's R2D2's grandfather everyone knows that... .[:-graduat

Hmm.. a kerosene space heater? Don't tell me it's fueled by french fry oil. [:-party]

I hope Bill sees this post and redirects us to the one he put up, because it had us all making guesses all over the place. It was in an old farm house.

Aww that's easy, Gary, that's R2D2's grandfather everyone knows that... .[:-graduat

Hmm.. a kerosene space heater? Don't tell me it's fueled by french fry oil. [:-party]

I hope Bill sees this post and redirects us to the one he put up, because it had us all making guesses all over the place

Nope. I'll let you know when you get it. Someone will know.

Too easy. Do you want me to spill the beans, or wait for more guesses?

Let em take a few shots first.

Ok, I'll guess that it's an incinerator.

Never seen one quite like it though.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

DING!...........And Marc

I was told it is a gas fired newspaper incinerator.

I never found out if it worked. The homeowner had never used it.

Something like that would come in veerrrry handy if one were a serial killer . . . . .

I'm just saying.

He's just saying.

if you were to attempt to put my ass in that, its going to take some time, and patience to incinerate it..what would that smell like down wind

Not . . . big man.

If I were given an appropriate fileting knife and about ten minutes, your ass would be . . . . histoire.

It's all in the technique, you must understand. It takes years to master.

I've seen that model about 7 or 8 times. Duo-Therm is the only one that I know made round gas-fired incinerators. All of the others have always been square.

The first time I saw one, I found that I had an advert from the early 1950s. I've scanned and uploaded it for your viewing pleasure:

Click to Enlarge
tn_201017215152_incin.jpg

76.64 KB

I've seen that model about 7 or 8 times. Duo-Therm is the only one that I know made round gas-fired incinerators. All of the others have always been square.

The first time I saw one, I found that I had an advert from the early 1950s. I've scanned and uploaded it for your viewing pleasure:

Click to Enlarge

76.64 KB

I want one!

Click to Enlarge

76.64 KB

You made me look. The place was built in 53. Where's the owners manual, Bill?