Software advice

Yup, Kurt. It's gotta a graphics library that you can add to all you want. And you can link graphics to comments so that when you select a particular comment, the graphic is automatically added.

I well remember those first leg crushing laptops. I lugged one to in another life.

You'll NEVER get it done, Kurt. There's always "just one more tweak". You'll know it when you see it.

John: That sample you just posted is the reason I switched to HomeGauge. All the photos grouped at the end should be captioned so people can tell what they are. I hated the double entry stuff. Now my photos go right next to the comment with no absolute need for captioning.

-

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which software is the "double entry" one? I always thought it was a little goofy.

Can you set HG up with entirely different layout? IOW, I've got my "comic book style; 3 captioned photos per page.

Can you sort photos in HG?. I've got a "light table" in my system wherein I can quickly sort and organize in order up to a 128 photos at a time by tapping on the photo in the order I want them to appear in the comic book.

Yup, Kurt. It's gotta a graphics library that you can add to all you want. And you can link graphics to comments so that when you select a particular comment, the graphic is automatically added.

Inspect Express does the same, you can add images to the boiler plate comments and then when they are used the images drop in automatically.

John: That sample you just posted is the reason I switched to HomeGauge. All the photos grouped at the end should be captioned so people can tell what they are. I hated the double entry stuff. Now my photos go right next to the comment with no absolute need for captioning.

That is just one example of many different styles possible however all of those photos are captioned (look a little closer Erby). The photos are added to the observation and are automatically moved to the photo page section (in that example). The captions are added automatically from the comment they were added to. Not only that but an actual link gets created (see photo 4) in the observation and if clicked it takes you right to the photo. This is just one method of adding images we have. Another (wrapped) puts the images right next to the observation and wraps the text around the images. Another method (inline) puts as many images as you want all lined up under the observation.

Common features add borders, drop shadows and resize images automatically to the settings you have pre-configured and you still have the ability to annotate, adding arrows, circles etc.

Just wanted to clear up any possible confusion.

Michael Brown

DevWave Software Inc.

I have been looking at the Inspect Express on and off for some time. By the way, can dictation software such a Naturally Speaking be used in the Inspect Express templates?

Yes you can. You can probably use the dictation software in just about any reporting software... but it does work better inside of Word IMO.

Michael Brown

That is just one example of many different styles possible however all of those photos are captioned (look a little closer Erby).

I see the quotes, Michael. My point exactly. The one I WAS using didn't create the comments. I had to manually enter each one of those captions for each picture. At least yours does from the original comment.

Glad to see your's has different options too! No one style suits everybody.

I just like my pictures right next to or above or below the commentary.

Kurt: Can you show us a sample page from yours so we can better understand your "comic book" reference.

-