Birds eye view

Hi Les,

Actually it's three words, hyphenated and possessive with an apostrophe: bird's-eye view

Pretty weird, huh? I always thought you couldn't use an apostrophe to show possession unless the possessor was sentient. Don't know why, it's just something I'd always thought.

Guess I thought wrong.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Sentient, just the way I spelled it and it sounds like senshent. I dunno, I suppose animals can be sentient. After all, they say that some dogs have the brain power of a 5-year old and some ability to reason, so maybe they are technically sentient. I guess all those years that I've not put apostrophe's on words for that reason I was incorrect.

OT - OF!!!

Hey Mike,

Actually it was Les who was wondering if it's one, two. or three words. As far as "sentient" is concerned I think I spent a year there one weekend in my younger days. If I'm not mistaken isn't it located somewhere between Chicago and Hamburg? Natives were friendly enough but for some reason insisted on walking backwards. I swear I was sober. I think

NORM SAGE

Hi,

My faux pas. Fixed. Thanks.

Yep, think I've been in that town too. Could'a sworn it was someplace in northern Utah though. And they didn't walk backwards, the men whore burkhas, so all you could see were their eyes behind lace, and the women were all clad in string bikinis and wore bunny slippers.

OT - OF!!!

Is this what we were talking about?

"Clarence Birdseye was a field naturalist on assignment near the Arctic. There, he noticed that freshly caught fish, when placed onto the ice froze solid almost immediately. He learned, too, that the fish, when thawed and eaten, still had all its fresh characteristics.

He concluded that quickly freezing certain items kept large crystals from forming, preventing damage to their cellular structure. This was the beginning of the frozen foods industry."

20041231434_birdseye.jpg

Or am I adding to the confusion?

• 2 weeks later...

I usually upload my reports to my website and then e-mail the links to the report to my clients.

I include this in my e-mail.

Aerial Photo of 721 Lori Lane, Lexington, KY Click the Photo to Pan or Zoom In or Out to see your neighborhood! http://terraserver.microsoft.com/addres ... ngton%7cKY

To do that, I go to http://terraserver.microsoft.com/advfin ... el=address

Plug in the address and when the photo comes up, I copy and paste the URL into the e-mail.

Customers LOVE it. Good enough for me.

Unfortunately, the printed pictures come out looking really crappy, so I don't provide that when I have to print and deliver a report.

Originally posted by Erby

I usually upload my reports to my website and then e-mail the links to the report to my clients.

I include this in my e-mail.

Aerial Photo of 721 Lori Lane, Lexington, KY Click the Photo to Pan or Zoom In or Out to see your neighborhood! http://terraserver.microsoft.com/addres ... ngton%7cKY

To do that, I go to http://terraserver.microsoft.com/advfin ... el=address

Plug in the address and when the photo comes up, I copy and paste the URL into the e-mail.

Customers LOVE it. Good enough for me.

Unfortunately, the printed pictures come out looking really crappy, so I don't provide that when I have to print and deliver a report.

I did a search on my address, and the last pic was from 97'. My house was bulit in 01', so all I saw was dirt!

Originally posted by Brian G.

Look at that, Jim's got his own practice range behind his house. Hey Jim, mind if I drop by and hit a few? And don't worry, my wife'll pick 'em up. [-crzwom]

Brian G.

Practice, Practice, Practice [:-golf]

Come on up. Practice all you want. Just be sure you aim for the deer.

On another note. Wasn't it you who had a technique for fixing broken strands of Christmas tree lights? How do you do that?

I got a little gadget from the hardware store years ago, but it doesn't do squat. Seems to be a cheap version of a volt stick.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

This image is downloaded from the Hwang Ho, Chinese counterpart to the Hubble telescope.

Note the red shaded border at the property perimeter. Visible only through the Hwang Ho's special Feng Shui filter, it shows an auspicious condition for the fortunate Bairds, who are thus protected from evil spirits.

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif Birdseye2.jpg

94.48 KB