Tri State Seminar

I think I'll go to the TriState Seminar on Sept. 24th in PA. I'm looking forward to soaking up some Kibbel knowledge.

Anyone else planning to attend the event?

I've had the same thought bouncing around in my head. I meant to make it a couple years back and had to skip it. You may see me there for the same reason. Look for the guy hobbling in on a cobalt blue snowboard and a metal-flake silver helmet.

I think I'll go to the TriState Seminar on Sept. 24th in PA. I'm looking forward to soaking up some Kibbel knowledge.

I've had the same thought bouncing around in my head. I meant to make it a couple years back and had to skip it. You may see me there for the same reason. Look for the guy hobbling in on a cobalt blue snowboard and a metal-flake silver helmet.

Mike, we are gonna have to hit the hill in the near future. Do you have any good places in your area?

Mike, we are gonna have to hit the hill in the near future. Do you have any good places in your area?

Wintergreen, which is pretty nice, but can get quite busy on weekends is a mere ninety minutes away. The ultimate in our area is Snowshoe, which is truly an amazing snow magnet with 57 slopes. Last season they got about fourteen feet of natural snow and had an amazing extended season. It's well situated to minimize icy conditions and had it's share of powder this past season. The down-side, it's a BRUTAL four hour drive, half of which is endless mountain switchbacks that can put a tired snowboarder to sleep on the way home. It's a rough drive.

Click to Enlarge
tn_201086102259_snowboard1.jpg

55.9 KB

Click to Enlarge
20108610248_snowboard.bmp

821.31 KB

Dear Tri-ASHI

In light of rumors of Mr. Kibbels's alleged poor judgment in fashion, I must respectfully decline your invitation to attend your seminar, unless you can convince him to make exception - a ball room gown, perhaps, with elegant costume jewelry would be so much more in keeping with a presentation on historic homes. Thank you in advance for your prompt attention to this ever so appropriate small detail.

Dear Tri-ASHI

In light of rumors of Mr. Kibbels's alleged poor judgment in fashion, I must respectfully decline your invitation to attend your seminar, unless you can convince him to make exception - a ball room gown, perhaps, with elegant costume jewelry would be so much more in keeping with a presentation on historic homes. Thank you in advance for your prompt attention to this ever so appropriate small detail.

Hummm ... wonder if this will work?

Click to Enlarge
tn_201087153758_Male_BallroomGown.jpg

13.86 KB

Any web site with info on it? If Bill is speaking it would be worth the trip. Perhaps we can meet up here Mike???

I couldn't find much on the net. Just this: Tri-State Seminar Maybe Bill can post something with more info.

I did get an email containing the details. I forwarded it to you.

I think I'm going to go. For me, it's less than 60 miles away.

Identifying

Any web site with info on it? If Bill is speaking it would be worth the trip. Perhaps we can meet up here Mike???Identifying

I couldn't find much on the net. Just this: Tri-State Seminar Maybe Bill can post something with more info.

There's just a little more info here: http://tristateashi.org/seminar.php It looks like they're just starting to put the page together.

Here's an excerpt of what I gave them to submit for state CEU credits:

INSPECTING OLD BUILDINGS

Masonry

Materials and properties - Brick, Stone, Terra cotta, Cast stone, Mortar

Identifying above ground masonry problems and failures

Identifying below ground (foundation) problems and failures

Chimneys

Wood Framing

Types & their materials and properties

Timber framing, Balloon Framing, Plank framing

Roof structures, Porches, Floor structures, Walls & ceilings, Headers, Stairs Identifying wood damage

-Rot, Insect, Alterations, Fire

Electrical

Old materials and methods, Retrofit issues

Heating

-Retrofit & installation errors, Venting issues

Plumbing

-Old materials and methods, Retrofit errors

If I have time, I will include some information about old building health & safety issues.

This year, my presentations are more focused on things in old buildings that are commonly ignored or missed by contractors and inspectors, that can lead to big issues for their clients.

Well, it's official. I'm booked for the Tri-State ASHI Fall Seminar. Just thought I should give folks ample time to cancel. [:-sonar]

Honestly, it would be great to meet TIJ folks there, but it isn't why I'm going. And, I already have an overage of continuing education units, so that isn't why I'm going either.

I see Bill Kibbel as probably one of the most knowledgeable guys on historic homes on the planet, because it's his passion. That's why I'm going. And, since I've been meaning to take in one of his presentations for several years and just keep missing him, I'm looking forward to finally getting it done.

[:-hspin] INPUT! INPUT! [:-hspin]

I'll be there too. It's a 2 hour drive for me. I have to work Saturday so I'll be driving back home Friday night. A long day but worth it.

Ambler, PA to Baltimore is gonna be more than 2 hours.

After my session, you'll be well rested for the drive home.

Bill,

Are you saying you are going to put them to sleep?[:-dev3][:D][:-sleep]

I'll be there too. It's a 2 hour drive for me. I have to work Saturday so I'll be driving back home Friday night. A long day but worth it.

Ambler, PA to Baltimore is gonna be more than 2 hours.

After my session, you'll be well rested for the drive home.

Yeah, a bit more. Google Earth says 128 miles and 2hrs 23mins door to door. No biggie because I like driving. The morning trip will be nicer with the sun up and things to see along the way. I'm looking forward to the seminar and meeting people.

• 5 weeks later...