How'd I miss that?

gtblum

True story...

My father was in the FBI for 30 years. We lived in Southern CA from 1950's to around 1965. As the story was told to me by my mother; Back around the summer of 1960 they were having a party at our home and had invited several other FBI couples over for a cookout. She said that they were outside and a few of the other agents started to laugh and were pointing into the middle of an Oleander bush. Apparently in the middle of the Oleander a five foot pot plant was growing. My mom said that it had been there a couple of years and they thought that it was just a pretty plant. Apparently the invasive weed disappeared overnight and was never seen again! My dad never did like to tell that story! Apparently the story did get out because when he retired in 1974 some of his fellow agents had a character drawing made and in the background it had a funny looking plant being chopped down by a masked person.

True story...

My father was in the FBI for 30 years. We lived in Southern CA from 1950's to around 1965. As the story was told to me by my mother; Back around the summer of 1960 they were having a party at our home and had invited several other FBI couples over for a cookout. She said that they were outside and a few of the other agents started to laugh and were pointing into the middle of an Oleander bush. Apparently in the middle of the Oleander a five foot pot plant was growing. My mom said that it had been their a couple of years and they thought that it was just a pretty plant. Apparently the invasive weed disappeared overnight and was never seen again! My dad never did like to tell that story! Apparently the story did get out because when he retired in 1974 some of his fellow agents had a character drawing made and in the background it had a funny looking plant being chopped down by a masked person.

That's funny. You mom thought that a pot plant was pretty? I think she might have known more about the plant than she was letting on.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

I think I know what it may be but please ship the whole plant to me for further testing. [:-party]

Boy does that take me back...

[:-propell

Now if I can only find my Dark Side of the Moon album.

When the fog finally lifted, I came to the conclusion that actually, it's NOT "cleaner than alcohol, man... " [:-graduat

Gary,

Do you know if anything happened due to you and the buyer seeing it? Was the seller home?

I guess the seller lives out of state.

I have no idea what happened after. None of my business. I was there for a home inspection. I did my Job, I wrote a report on the condition of what I inspected, and moved on. I'm not a cop.