Our KY friends have been holding out on us

That's exactly how I used to catch them over at Mygatt Pond when I was a kid. We did it for fun and then turned them over to this old guy that lived nearby and I guess he ate them. Never got bit.

There was one that was so big it scared the bejeezus out of me and I wouldn't go after it - neither would anyone else. It was easily four or five times the size of those in the video and he actually has stuff growing on his shell he was so old. We'd see that huge head sticking up out of the water when he surfaced for air and we'd give him a really wide berth. The McEnroe boys used to go down there with their .22's and try and nail him but none ever hit him - at least we never saw any evidence that they had.

My friend got him by the tail once, realized who he'd gotten ahold of and freaked out; he was too afraid to let go and too afraid to hang on. He panicked, let go and got out of there as fast as he could. Poor guy was pale as a ghost when he finally got safely up on shore.

There's nothing quite so smelly as a snapping turtle and after mucking around for them in a pond you usually smell very much the same.

Thanks for that trip down memory lane.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Thanks Tom, you've maid it that much more easy to be proud of KY.

For me, not a day goes by where my impression of Kentucky ( I didn't want to use the abbreviation because I wouldn't want a clip in a web return to read " my impression of KY") fails to be reinforced.

Hurtful . . .

You have heard me speak. Not all of us are like Turtle Dude.

My wife is from KY, actually she was born in Hazard KY! Ya know the place where the Dukes of Hazard takes place! Not long ago we were working on our family tree, I had completed my side of the family and I went to work on her side. Dang if they do not have a family tree; they have a family wreath!

My wife is from KY, actually she was born in Hazard KY! Ya know the place where the Dukes of Hazard takes place! Not long ago we were working on our family tree, I had completed my side of the family and I went to work on her side. Dang if they do not have a family tree; they have a family wreath!

You'd better hope your wife doesn't read this thread...