Another Dropout........

Brandon Whitmore

Jeez,

I just caught up on my back issues of the Seattle Times and there was an article in there about the oil boom going on in North Dakota and how they've got, literally, thousands of jobs they can't fill up there just in the local townships around the boom in work that has nothing to do with working the oil fields.

I gotta tell ya, if the KK wasn't so entrenched here I'd probably be making tracks for ND right now to get a piece of some of the good paying action that's going on over there.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Just did a lease on mineral rights to land we used to own and some we still own in NE Montana (Plentywood & Outlook, MT). About 90-miles NW of Williston, ND which is pretty close to or is the epi-center of the Bakkan Field.

An oil boom for sure that is absolutely nuts. There are a bunch of un-intended consequences due to the work in the oil patch. Restaurants (that can serve the oilfield folks) shutting down as they can't get workers due to the workers getting gigs in the oil patch. Same for school bus drivers ... events canceled as the drivers are running the oil trucks at a big $$ and not working for the school districts.

One elderly/retired lady has been in an apartment in Williston for the past 20-years and paying $700/month rent. As of 12/1/11 her rent goes to $1K and as of 4/1/12 her rent goes to $2K and she will have to also pay a $2K deposit.

Apartment owner making a business decision to garner revenue while she can.

Sucks for the long-term folks who don't have a lot of options

My sister/husband retired and live in Bismarck and had sent me a large stack of local newspaper articles about a lot of the activity.

Yes, thanks again for all your help. I would do the same if I could. I was downsized out at 54, jumped into this gig cause I was a good inspector just as the RE started to go down in 06. I'm 58 now and no one wants to hire an old goat other than to trim their yard. So, I'm stuck with it. I did one inspection in October.

OK. There is no box to check to subscribe to this. Just one to include my profile signature??