Another Flashlight

Jim Katen

A quick heads up. About six months ago I was looking to buy another flashlight. I found the Ultrafire Wf 502b Cree Xml T6 3 Mode Cree Led Flashlight 900 Lumens on Amazon and decided to get one.

I have been very impressed with the flashlight. I can get about three inspections out of the flashlight before I have to recharge the battery.

The only disadvantage is that it uses a 3.7V Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery. A charger plus two batteries cost $14.59. (no batteries come with the flashlight)

The good news is the flashlight only cost $15.72 each. I just order five more flashlights as backup. All five showed up today from Hong Kong. All five flashlights work just fine. (gives me a grand total of 6 flashlights) It took a total of eleven days from the time I ordered to the time I received my order.

With the flashlights being this cheap, I can afford to throw a flashlight away if it goes bad. More than likely I will keep the bad flashlight for parts.

If you are in the market for a new flashlight, you may want to take a look at these.

Jeff Euriech

Peoria Arizona

Is anyone aware of a good LED flashlight that's made in the USA?

I tried to stay loyal to the local manufacturer (Streamlight). They provided a fair product and excellent customer service. They were just not keeping up with the rechargeable LED products that Kurt convinced me that I had to have (and he was right).

Check here: http://www.flashlightz.com/made_in_usa.php

Is anyone aware of a good LED flashlight that's made in the USA?

My LED Maglites are plenty satisfactory for what we do and they're made in Ontario, California.

http://www.maglite.com/mag_commitment.asp

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Ditto. I've been using Maglites for 10 years with no problems, including now using the LED 3D cell version. Makes a great weapon for rabid listing agents and other dogs as well.[:-monkeyd

• 1 year later...

I am looking to buy a new primary flashlight and use my existing flashlights as backups. It has been a while since I have seen some postings on this subject.

My needs are as follows:

Rechargeable without removing the batteries

Bright

Similar in size to my existing Ultra Stingers and 3-cell Mag Lights.

I have looked at ordering a new LED Streamlight but can be swayed with reviews of others.

Anything new out there that I should consider?

Thanks.

Later this month it'll be four years since I acquired my Stinger LED HP. Battery has gone low twice when I forgot to replace it on the charger after the inspection. You have to wiggle it, once on the charger, to get it started but that's it. No other problems.

I've purchased at least 4 Ultrafires that have broken so many times, I gave one to my spouse and keep the last one for a client to play with in the attic/crawl.

Marc