Total knee replacement and crawling

Look into Patella-T brand knee pads. Last I checked about $75 for a set.

Had knee pain. Started using Patella-T Non-Wedge kneepads and the pain went away in 2 weeks. They have a liquid filled bladder in the kneepad to cushion your knee cap (patella bone).

After a few years I replaced the bladders because it seemed that they were not providing the same amount of cushion. They are pricey but well worth the money in comfort.

http://www.fluidforms.com/patella_t/ort ... wedge.html

http://www.fluidforms.com/patella_t/buy/personal.html

Anybody out there had a total knee replacement and continued doing crawlspaces, attics etc.? What type of knee pads work best? Or did you just hire someone to do those locations? Thanks, Ed

Hey, just remember that Bo Jackson played Major League Baseball on an artificial hip. Ask your surgeon, and good luck.

I've been thinking about those dang Patella Pads for over a year, usually in a crawl space when my current pads roll over. Now I've thought about it long enough and just ordered a pair. I'm sure I'm going to enjoy them instead of the current pads.

I use the Patella T knee pads they are good, but I can still feel a few rocks now and then. Their magic comes from the way the gel cushions are designed. I would consider them to be one of the best on the market.

After having fluid sucked out of my knee and then steroid shots (3 times in 1 year) to help the healing my orthopedic surgeon asked to see what I used. My wife went out to my truck and brought in my trusty old knee pads that had served me well for many years. The doctor pulled out a red Bio-hazard bag and dropped my knee pads in them and then tossed them in the trash. I got the point real quick! He then told me to get the Patella T knee pads! I have been using them for about 4 years and have not had any more knee issues!

On one of my very first jobs, I was installing baseboard. Being young and a moron, I'd just drop right onto my knees instead of maneuvering down low impact style.

The old guy on the job took one look at me, came over, cuffed me upside the backside of my head, and barked "take care of your knees". As I watched him limp away, I got the idea why.

This is back in the day before anyone wore safety glasses, knee pads, respirators, etc. I don't remember the guy's name, but he got me going in the right direction. I've been on pads for 35 years. It's smart.

If you are getting a new knee you won't be doing crawl spaces.

My surgeon says try doing crawlspaces, my PT says not to.I had my TKR six weeks ago. The knee joint feels great but the knee cap is much more sensitive than I thought it would be. Do the above mention kneepads distribute the pressure away from the knee cap?

I tried to order a pair of those Patella's they are no longer making them due to not being able to get the gel inserts.

"sorry... I mean we have to cancel and refund your order.... we lost our fluid pack supplier and we no longer can manufacture the Patella T kneepads. "

Well that's not good! So much for ordering a new set of gel pads!

On one of my very first jobs, I was installing baseboard. Being young and a moron, I'd just drop right onto my knees instead of maneuvering down low impact style.

The old guy on the job took one look at me, came over, cuffed me upside the backside of my head, and barked "take care of your knees". As I watched him limp away, I got the idea why.

This is back in the day before anyone wore safety glasses, knee pads, respirators, etc. I don't remember the guy's name, but he got me going in the right direction. I've been on pads for 35 years. It's smart.

Google "silicone breast forms." You should be able to find something that will work with the Patella Ts

The breast forms are too thick, I actually tried to use them (my wife is a 21 year cancer survivor). I found that the Dr Shoals Gel inserts for shoes work very well. You just have to cut them to size.

I don't do much kneeling. (Maybe I'd get more work if I did [:)]). I crouch down on and stay on my feet a lot. I'm 5'8" 170 lbs. That works for 3 foot crawls, and it keeps my pants clean. If it's a real crawlspace like 2 feet or less, I put on the jacket and pants and do the reptile slither. If you have knee problems, maybe a creeper with big wheels would be better. I've tried a recycled skateboard, but it's a hassle and only good on smooth concrete.

We're huge believers in Duluth Trading. Their work clothes are the best; nothing else comes close, not even Carhart.

We've gone to everyone wearing DT bib overalls and green t-shirts on the construction side. Everyone kind of frowned and grumbled, until they got the threads on and felt just how good real work clothes feel. It makes for a real tight looking site.

There a couple good knee pads @ DT. The DTPro's, or the Tactical Ultra Flex are both excellent.