This is tempting.

Robert Jones

The article mentions security turning the Leatherman president away from Disneyland due to his multi tool he was carrying. I carry a key ring multi tool and have also been turned away at a theme park and jury duty recently. Both times I received it back upon exiting. The bracelet looks pretty handy, but bulky.

I did the same thing when I was in DC. Bury the knife in the hedge and dig it up when finished.

That bracelet looks like an interesting flesh ripper. A bracelet with dozens of hardened steel edges and points. Ouch.

After that, I've carried a Leatherman for the last 25 years and I've used it a total of zero times.

I'm not much into the multi tool ethic. Multi tools have an inverse relationship with functionality. The bigger the number of options, the less capable they are for their intended purpose.

After that, I've carried a Leatherman for the last 25 years and I've used it a total of zero times.

That's funny. In my tool bucket I used to pack a multi-tool clawhammer, pliers, saw thing and yep, never used it.

I let a realtor borrow it once to tighten some screws, and that kept him busy for quite a while, trying various bits and grabbers. One of those bracelets would be a pretty good distraction device. [:)]

Pliers, visegrips, hammer stay in the truck. I don't break stuff as much as I used to. I should stop carrying the clear packing tape.

I don't like lugging my tool bag around the exterior, so I find it helpful to have a good multi-tool on my belt. I mostly end up using the over-sized file to dig in the soil and as a pry bar to remove catch basin lids. I also occasionally find myself needing a screwdriver (or two) on the exterior. I like the SOG multi-tools.

It's a French fisherman's knife. Pearwood handle, unique proprietary blade locking ring, been around for century or more. Cheap. Like $10 for a #8. I've had the #12 for a couple decades.....I can't wear it out.

They are the best darn cheap knife I've ever found. When I say beat the crap out of it, I mean just that. I use it to split kindling with a hand sledge, pry bar, screwdriver, you name it, I do it. Couple licks on a stone puts a razor edge on it and it holds. You use one of these and then understand the damn stainless Rockwell uber hard blades are just a pain in the ass.

They're kind of a cult blade. When you see someone else with one you both look at each other and smile. They make a really nice mushroom knife and a couple other specialty blades.

Check it out.... Opinel

Or, if you don't read French..... Opinel USA

The single thing I don't like about the Opinel is I can't open it with one hand. You have to "knock" it on a surface to pop the blade.

I've been using the same one's for so long, I haven't shopped them in years. I've been looking at the links and see they now have a nice line of kitchen knives.