Maryland Couple Finds New Home Snake Infested

I inspected a snake infested house once - or rather I started to inspect it. We found nearly a dozen within the first hour and the buyer elected to curtail the inspection.

It was really quite bizarre. They were crawling in and out of the walls and they were in the cabinets. Outside, they were behind every rock & bush.

I later heard that the owner bulldozed the place.

We take care of snakes during our annual Whacking Day festivities.

Lisa: How can you people turn on snakes after all they've done for you?

Grampa: I'm an old man, I hate everything but Matlock. Ooh, it's on now......

Homer: Marge, should I whack slow or fast?

Barney: (whacking invisible snakes) Snakes! Snakes everywhere!

Lenny: You gettin' ready for Whacking Day?

Barney: What's Whacking Day?

I'd rather have snakes than rats any day anywhere.

I've got both in my work shop. They both run when they see me so I'm not worried. The rats keep the wasps down and the snake (only 1) keeps the rat population in check. I've seen the baby rats follow the momma as she scurries along the purlins when I first enter at night. It's a mini-ecosystem within walls that works.

Marc

I'd rather have snakes than rats any day anywhere.

I've got both in my work shop. They both run when they see me so I'm not worried. The rats keep the wasps down and the snake (only 1) keeps the rat population in check. I've seen the baby rats follow the momma as she scurries along the purlins when I first enter at night. It's a mini-ecosystem within walls that works.

Marc

Get a dumpster! [;)]

Good observation on the 4 wheeler. No, it isn't mine but I wish it was. It belongs to the survey team. This was a rural property that has been tied up in an estate and vacant for 3 years. The vegatation you see in the background surrounded the detached work shop but is similiar to the entire 5 acre lot. The crawl space was infested with roaches, several wasps nest on the house, and the gnats were horrible (thus the long sleeve shirts in 90 degree weather). The house is a piece of crap but the lot will be great once it is cleaned up and all the critters are gone. I've had better inspections.