Cordless screwdriver

Mike Lamb

I'm looking for a new cordless screwdriver available on the market. One that pivots and has a deep enough socket to fit a reversible straight and Philips bit. Or at least have a compartment to hold an extra bit. The Black & Decker I have seen and Ryobi have shallow sockets without any compartment to hold extra bits. Suggestions? A built-in light attachment is also a very nice feature. I'm only using this for removing screws from electric panels and other panels I might run into around the house.

Here ya go, Mike.

I don't have this exact one.  I still have the older one where I have to carry bits in my pocket but it works great for what we do, fits easily into my hand, and isn't to heavy to carry around in my pouch.  I charge it about once a week or so.

https://www.amazon.com/WX255L-Semi-Automatic-Power-Driver-Holder/dp/B00ZFR4JA0/ref=sr_1_15?dchild=1&keywords=worx&qid=1600476113&sr=8-15

• Like 1

I still use this daily. It lives in the inside pocket of my vest. 

Once or twice a month, if there's a lot of screwing & unscrewing to do, I run out to the car and get the full-sized Dewalt. Otherwise, the Yankee does it all, the batteries never wear out, I never have to recharge it, and it's just as fast as the battery powered ones. 

Besides, I can lock it in the extended position and use it to test smoke alarms. 

The Fabulous Fulton.JPG

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jim Katen said:

I still use this daily. It lives in the inside pocket of my vest. 

Once or twice a month, if there's a lot of screwing & unscrewing to do, I run out to the car and get the full-sized Dewalt. Otherwise, the Yankee does it all, the batteries never wear out, I never have to recharge it, and it's just as fast as the battery powered ones. 

Besides, I can lock it in the extended position and use it to test smoke alarms. 

The Fabulous Fulton.JPG

one of the most beautiful tools ever produced.  I have a range of them, but seldom get the chance to use them. 

5 hours ago, Mike Lamb said:

And it gives you carpal tunnel.

That's simply not true. Typing at the wrong angle will give you carpel tunnel syndrome. Anything that squeezes or irritates the median nerve could give you CTS. This doesn't even touch that space on your hand.

If you used it constantly, it might cause some kind of tendinitis, or irritate an existing tendinitis, but not if you use it for less than 5m a day. 

I was a manual screw driver guy for a lot of years  Didn't seem worth carrying a big screw gun.

But when my grandson gave me a mini-gun as a gift, I fell in love with it.

Lightweight and carries easily in my pouch.  Don't need the reversible deep socket because of the cylinder.  
image.thumb.png.61b8fe76f9c08dc60f7409bd7e1d215e.png
Light

• 2 years later...