Pay For Play - Ethical or Not?

paul burrell

Every time an inspector whores him/her self to a group whose interests are are at odds to the best interest of the client, a darker shade of grey is painted on us all.

I don't market to realtors because I'm afraid that I might find I have a price. In lieu of having uncompensating, unwavering ethics I find solace in abstaining and therefore eliminating the temptation.

It is hard to believe that there are inspectors in our business that do this. It is sad and I resent the guilt by association. I have always marketed agents, but have made my standards clear. I was pitched these programs several times. They were always one way relationships that benefited the agencies. I always left the room mystified that they thought I was dumb enough to do it and amazed that other people will. Now, I don’t even bother to return those calls. I have been in this game long enough that the honest ones know me and the others know better than to call.

I "lost" a "top agent" last month because we refused to alter a report to smooth a sellers ego. Oh, well. There is a place for truly professional agents and inspectors to maintain arms-length business relationships, but this type of stupidity makes it hard

You can't help hoping they get legal action going and nail all of the dirty players for big bucks; the HI, the realtor, and the agency. A string of huge settlements in similar cases would cause a lot of second thoughts, though I have no illusions about eradicating HI whores.

In addition to making these programs illegal, I'd also love to see my state pass a law forbidding any HI's E & O from indemnifying the agents who recommend them. Make them feel the crosshairs on their bank accounts when they send someone to a charleton like that.

Brian G.

No Free Pass For the Pimps [:-scared]

I don't remember it all, but it applies.

Boss asks his secretary if she would hav sex with him for a million dollars.

Secretary says "Yes!"

Boss then asks the secretary if she'd have sex with him for ten dollars.

Secretary says "Hey, what do you think I am?"

Boss says "We've already settled WHAT you are, now we are negotiating the price!"

The boss should have asked:

"Now that you've said that you'd have sex with me for $1,000,000 if we do that will you then slap a sexual harrassment lawsuit on me for $5M, do the talk-show circuit and write a book?

Yeah, I know, I'm drifting. I got your meaning Erby, it's just hard to resist.

Makes a guy wish he was good enough looking for some rich lady to hit on, so that a guy could get rich off of this stuff for once.

Nevah gonna hoppen wit my ugly mug!

OT - OF!!!

M.