A web page for W.J.

Ok, I must say I am very, very confused as to why W.J. appears in this thread's title.

W.J. has done nothing for the last many years but fight for the consumer. The website link at the beginning of this thread would be W.J.'s antithesis.

Oh.... that's the point! Ok, I still want to make sure that those who do not know W.J. do not link his name to such trash. He is brilliant!

Originally posted by ozofprev

Oh.... that's the point! Ok, I still want to make sure that those who do not know W.J. do not link his name to such trash. He is brilliant!

Walter likes to write about what he calls bucketheads who appeal to Realtors with code words.

I just thought he would appreciate it.

Captain

Originally posted by allspec33351

If I remember correctly you like to write article based on crap like this.

http://www.fivestarpi.com/REALTOR.html

Captain

I get it, and no offense taken. Yes, I have warned consumers about "buckethead" and "suckup" HIs. Recently, with the newish TN HI law, I've referred often to the "army of cheap, dumb and compliant" HIs custom-made for the use of the HI lobby.

For folks who aren't familiar with my work, I've written a column for Nashville's alternative newsweekly for about 12 years.

The column, which is a general interest/humor column, often included info about homeowning, homebuying, building, renovation, life at my house, etc.

The column also made my HI career very different from most. Over time, loyal column readers became a loyal upscale customer base for my HI company. This allowed me to see the HI biz from the perspective of an HI who could go straight to the customers, and bypass RE agents altogether. HI work looks like a whole different profession when you cut out the middleman and let go of the RE agent teat at the same time.

About a year ago, I literally handed off my company to my good friend and co-inspector of 14 years. He does all the HI work now. These days, I'm working on a few book projects, and I do a little litigation support.

Anybody who's interested in the column can just Google "Walter Jowers" and find way more stuff than anybody would want to read in one sitting.

WJ

I think that that web page is a canned page that comes with the membership of his chosen Association. I looked at several of that Association's member sites and found em loaded with similar stuff.

Honesty is becoming such a lonely word in our profession.

Ezra Malernee

Canton, Ohio

Originally posted by SonOfSwamp

Originally posted by allspec33351

If I remember correctly you like to write article based on crap like this.

http://www.fivestarpi.com/REALTOR.html

Captain

I get it, and no offense taken. Yes, I have warned consumers about "buckethead" and "suckup" HIs. Recently, with the newish TN HI law, I've referred often to the "army of cheap, dumb and compliant" HIs custom-made for the use of the HI lobby.

For folks who aren't familiar with my work, I've written a column for Nashville's alternative newsweekly for about 12 years.

The column, which is a general interest/humor column, often included info about homeowning, homebuying, building, renovation, life at my house, etc.

The column also made my HI career very different from most. Over time, loyal column readers became a loyal upscale customer base for my HI company. This allowed me to see the HI biz from the perspective of an HI who could go straight to the customers, and bypass RE agents altogether. HI work looks like a whole different profession when you cut out the middleman and let go of the RE agent teat at the same time.

About a year ago, I literally handed off my company to my good friend and co-inspector of 14 years. He does all the HI work now. These days, I'm working on a few book projects, and I do a little litigation support.

Anybody who's interested in the column can just Google "Walter Jowers" and find way more stuff than anybody would want to read in one sitting.

WJ

Nice to see you participating here. I am looking forward to more.

Hope you are enjoying your semi-retirement!

Steve H.