Upgrades and improvements

What are some of the more common items that you all suggest as upgrades or improvements? These would include stuff like safety items or convenience items.

GFCI's, pull down hatch access for attic, stainless steel braided washer hoses, etc....

Just a little curious.[^]

What are some of the more common items that you all suggest as upgrades or improvements? These would include stuff like safety items or convenience items.

GFCI's, pull down hatch access for attic, stainless steel braided washer hoses, etc....

Just a little curious.[^]

Tamper-resistant receptacles.

Carbon monoxide alarms.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Jim,

Are you recommending the upgrade to TR receptacles in all homes, or under certain circumstances?

I've started to recommend it whenever the buyers have small kids. I might just start slipping it into every report, though. I think that the TR receptacles are a great idea.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Jim,

Are you recommending the upgrade to TR receptacles in all homes, or under certain circumstances?

I've started to recommend it whenever the buyers have small kids. I might just start slipping it into every report, though. I think that the TR receptacles are a great idea.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

You mean like this guy?

Click to Enlarge
tn_200971581031_outlet.jpg

4.01 KB

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I also like the idea of tamper resistant recep's. My avatar is part joke, and part reminder of how stupid stuff happens.

After that, new GFCI's, new smoke detectors every 3-4 years. CO monitors that give a ppm readout, not just a beep.

Insulation in cold climates.