How To Install a Sump Pump the Bubba Way

hausdok

Step 1: Set the sump pump on the ground in the crawlspace.

Step 2: Support it with an old lawn mower.

Step 3: Knock a hole through the foundation and connect some black plastic pipe for a discharge line.

Step 4. Cut the plug off the end of the power cord and splice into the nearest electrical wire.

Step 5: Wrap some wire mesh around it to keep trash out.

Step 6: Go drink a sixpack and watch Larry the Cable Guy

Click to Enlarge

tn_200911158347_Picture%20102.jpg

Many thanks to Phillip Smith

Home Sweet Home Inspections

Samantha, AL

200957201059_0019small.jpg

Phillip,

Thanks for your many contributions to Picture This over the years and thank you for being one of TIJ's most ardent supporters. One of these days I hope to be able to shake your hand and buy you a beer.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Indeed, as a TIJ loiterer, I thank you too, Phillip! I enjoy your posts.

Phillip,

Thanks for your many contributions to Picture This over the years and thank you for being one of TIJ's most ardent supporters. One of these days I hope to be able to shake your hand and buy you a beer.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Thanks Mike for the kind words, I hope to shake your hand one of these day and I will get the second round.

Has anyone else noticed that the vast majority of 'the Bubba way' posts come from 'Bamma?

I think Phillip has an unfair advantage when it comes to finding that kind of stuff[:-dev3]

Tom

Or maybe it's just that we Yankees don't call 'em Bubba

When you inspect crap you find crap.

It will become a classic.

Problem is, down here we find stuff like this in any price range down here. Check the roof photos I just posted. One more of this three month old house.....

Click to Enlarge
tn_2010130234054_DSCN3635.jpg

22.4 KB

Yeah, as a mason, that's looking a bit worrisome right from the start. Not good...

I've come to the conclusion that home builders and Architects/Engineers have been divorced for years and only meet when there's a problem.

I loved my years in Design/Build Construction, when it was common to have an Architect, Engineer and every major sub contractor involved right from the first conceptual design phase. It really turned out nice home - EXPENSIVE, but top notch.

The new home building industry today is nothing more than a puppy mill. NO ONE gets what they paid for, and every time I inspect a new home that fact becomes more apparent. Very depressing...

In fact, if you're a visitor to TIJ and you're thinking of buying a new home, may I suggest that you give homes from the late 30's - early 50's a hard look? Most of those homes were designed by architects and built during a time when pride among the trades was at an all time high. You will forfeit some energy efficiency, but the homes were built to last - solid masonry construction and even different choices of woods depending upon the use. We'll never again see homes like that.

Be very afraid of new home construction and don't even THINK about buying a new construction home without an experienced home inspector at your side performing inspections throughout the construction. I can't think of a time that I didn't find something significant on any phase of a new construction home. Sad, but true...

Has anyone else noticed that the vast majority of 'the Bubba way' posts come from 'Bamma?

I think Phillip has an unfair advantage when it comes to finding that kind of stuff[:-dev3]

Tom

Or maybe it's just that we Yankees don't call 'em Bubba

Hey Bubba has kin folks here, however would have used duct tape instead of yellow ski rope.

Could it be their family tree is a wreath???

Jerry

• 4 months later...