Ethics ... err, HUGE lack thereof ....

Nolan Kienitz

The more you read through this 'marketing post' the sicker one becomes.

AND ... they are out there "among us".

I could almost see an inspector getting blamed for something related to this one.

Note also that her husband is the guy finishing the site.

Almost "no one" is standing up and saying she is so out of line. They have to all be "in-bred" amongst one another.

How far would you go for a listing ?

"Cool house."

"Neat idea."

"Neat looking house."

"I would go a mile for a buyer."

"Very cool idea."

They're clearly a bunch of dumbasses, who speak like they're sophomores in high school. I mean, really. Read what they say without looking at the photos and tell me they don't sound like a bunch of teenagers.

Neat post, Nolan!!! : ) : ) : ) : )

I think the average buyer who follows up on this listing and visits the site is going to be very upset with anyone and everyone who happens to be involved or even standing nearby because of this deception. It's an unwise card for an agent to play.

Marc

This is what I get when I click on the link.

You can't view this post:

You do not have access to view this blog post. Some common causes are:

* The post is Members Only and you are not a member or not logged in.

* The post is in a Private Group and you are not a member.

* The post has since been moved to Draft Mode by the poster.

* The poster's account has been disabled.

* The post no longer exists.

Looks like it was moved to members only after someone posted this:

"I would call this deceptive advertising. the door put on the home does not resemble the door on the home. I'd be embarrassed to take a client there and they point that out"

and this:

"I don't know what I find more disturbing -- your pride in an actual misrepresentation of a material fact, or the cheering section that developed applauding it.

Yikes. I hope no one in our Board is indulging in this sort of thing. Sorry to be the proverbial turd in the punchbowl, but your rationale for misleading consumers, even if it's temporary, doesn't wash with me.

I'm probably alone in this dyspepsia. Which is fine. You're not in our MLS, so you're not our problem.

Best of luck with the listing, anyway."

I'm having a hard time understanding who is likely to be harmed by this. (Aside from the agent's reputation, which is likely to suffer great harm if a customer notices the deception.)

Does anyone imagine that a customer will be duped into buying a house because of a photoshopped door? Is any customer likely to overlook the construction doors that are presently on the house?

It seems to me that she's risking her own reputation in exchange for a more handsome portrait of the house. In a small way, she's selling her soul.

I can see it coming back to bite her, but I can't understand how this will harm anyone else.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

I can see it coming back to bite her, but I can't understand how this will harm anyone else.

Yeah, no one's going to buy the house because she photoshopped the door. But we're a jaded bunch exposed to house hyperbole ad infinitum. For me, exceeding my personal exposure limits has left me with a moral malaise that erupts every time I hear an agent start on "damage control" even while I'm still inspecting.

FTR, her photo is the house version of a Mr. Potato Head. Ooooo, that door looks sooo real.

Yeah, no one's going to buy the house because she photoshopped the door. But we're a jaded bunch exposed to house hyperbole ad infinitum. For me, exceeding my personal exposure limits has left me with a moral malaise that erupts every time I hear an agent start on "damage control" even while I'm still inspecting.

Uhhh...Chad, could you translate that down to the undergraduate level?[;)]

Marc